Sign in to follow this  
fredo340

Fslab A320

Hi, I would like to have the copilot do an APU fire test only on the FSlabA320, is there any voice command for that? (Not all the engine fire test, just the APU fire Test). And also would like to have the copilot on my command switch off the master engine switch number one or two, is there a voice command for that too?

thanks

No. Maybe in the future FS2CREW will do all that and more.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Hi, I would like to have the copilot do an APU fire test only on the FSlabA320, is there any voice command for that? (Not all the engine fire test, just the APU fire Test). And also would like to have the copilot on my command switch off the master engine switch number one or two, is there a voice command for that too?

thanks

You can ask FO to switch master engine switches directly with any of these commands.

Open start master engine one

Open master starter engine one

start master engine one open (or on)

master starter engine one open (or on)

...there are many more variations

To close it

Close start master engine one

Close master starter engine one

Shut start master engine one

...many other variations.

Because the FO is trained as a real world one, he knows closing start master would mean shutting down the engine. And to protect against accidental speech reco, when engine is running, FO will want you to confirm you mean it. 

Either say "Yes", "Affirmative" or other confirmation variation and he's do it, or keep silent for the next 10 second and he'll assume "No, ignore that"

It is possible to get the FO to only check the APU. Basically he'd just press the APU specific test switch instead of all 3.

It would be easy to add a test command such as "check APU fire detection". Nobody asked for it before, but doable of course

It's easy when "you know how to move switches and simulate clicks in any aircraft".

Consider it added in next update.

In general, when we say aircraft fully supported, we mean it.

Just like in the real world, we teach the co-pilot how to respond to a bunch of commands to control a specific switch or dial, so everything that is interfaced can be commanded directly if so you desire.

Then, it's up to you whether you want to make use of those thousands of commands available, or just rely on the trigger phrases for various flows.

The flows being a sequence of individual commands you would otherwise give separately.

You can create exotic flows such as "when_I_speak_this_sentence_of_mine", then teach your co-pilot what you mean by that. I mean give him a list of items and what state you want them in, and he'll do it as soon as your custom command is recognized.

Let me emphasize this. There is currently no other voice control product on the market that has this capability.

We encourage real world pilots to assign their own company checklist for rehearsal. We also want them to modify the flows we ship to match their exact company SOP.

This way, we don't have to B*** S**t you with  things like "our consultant captain told us it is done this way at airline A1".

You can do it your airline way.

Regarding the start master switching, let me know what speech command came to you naturally and somehow MCE didn't pick up and I'll show you it's possible to use your own natural speech (not even need to use the built-in commands if you find them difficult to memorize).

Ooops massive error. I didn't notice where the question was posted.

My apologies and feel free to delete my reply which makes no sense at all, since i thought it meant the aircraft by default.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Ooops massive error. I didn't notice where the question was posted.

My apologies and feel free to delete my reply which makes no sense at all, since i thought it meant the aircraft by default.

It's OK  :smile:

Things like these happen all the time.

I'm not the mod here, Alpha117 (Clive, Avsim staff) is, nor do I have admin access to threads.

Clive has the easiest Mod job in the world.

I honestly don't remember him having to delete a single thread on this forum.

And why should he start now.

But then, that's the benefit of having a Demo.

You aren't too much at the mercy of what is written on various forums, and don't need to be overly defensive.

TBH your other suggestion, even if it was intentional, seemed like going into the Lion's den and threatening him with a kitten.

Feel free to assess MCE using this Demo: http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

And yes, after an arduous 4 months specific work with FSL A320, that aircraft is now fully supported.

And because MCE isn't "just a product" that decays with time, and has 11+ years accumulated development time so far, we aren't keen on making this a "specific package for FSL A320", even though the interfacing depth is second to none, and actually, the only voice control available for that bird.at this very moment.

That makes it the 37 Th complex aircraft to be fully supported so far.

Hi Gerald, Fantastic. thanks a lot, I'm actually a real pilot on the A320 and I'm actually building my own flow to match my company procedures to rehearsal like you said, you got the right idea there. I love your product its so versatile, you practically can do what either you want with it. Can't wait for the update.

Hi Gerald, Fantastic. thanks a lot, I'm actually a real pilot on the A320 and I'm actually building my own flow to match my company procedures to rehearsal like you said, you got the right idea there. I love your product its so versatile, you practically can do what either you want with it. Can't wait for the update.

Thanks for the accolade.

As a matter of fact, the request has already been implemented here. Will be updated along with the other GSX related issue by the end of this week.

While we are on the FSL A320 bus, you may want to make other requests.

For instance, it's technically possible for FO to handle those 4 rotary switches (Display Switchers) above Ecam, but we chose not to let him handle them, just in case he switches the PFD screen while you're on final approach (accidental speech reco). If you want to, he'll handle them just as well, and you may suggest intuitive voice commands for that matter.

Same with the 2 or 3 overhead panel left out switches (Evac and a couple of others).

Anything that moves in VC can be eventually handled.

Hi Gerald,

Are you still planning on adding support for Engine/Cargo/APU fire test? I am going through the doc and the flows for FSL and I can see some of it needing to be customized a bit (i.e before start flow, it seems to handle the work of both CM1 and CM2 for certain items)

Also, can flows be triggered by an action? For example, how do I get the FO to start the after take off flow? IRL it's a silent action

Thank you!

John

Hi Gerald,

Are you still planning on adding support for Engine/Cargo/APU fire test? I am going through the doc and the flows for FSL and I can see some of it needing to be customized a bit (i.e before start flow, it seems to handle the work of both CM1 and CM2 for certain items)

Also, can flows be triggered by an action? For example, how do I get the FO to start the after take off flow? IRL it's a silent action

Thank you!

John

APU specific check has already been requested and implemented since. Just need the update coming out by next Tuesday at the latest.

Will check cargo fire test. If overlooked, can be done of course. There are commands for that "check cargo fire detection".

It is possible to override the "gear up", so that you may setup a custom "gear up" command, and as part of that command, FO retracts gear, disarms spoilers and whatever else you want him to perform.

Normally, a custom command must be different from any built-in command, as the latter always takes precedence.

The "gear up" command is the only one we allow users to override. To use the custom one, you need to change something in "mce.ini"

[OPTIONS]

UseAlternateGrammar=1

If the line is missing, add it to the [OPTIONS] section. Anywhere within that section.

After that, go to <Command> tab in MCE UI and click <Voxscript> button.

Im "Voxscript overview" panel, click <New> button and type "gear up"

The new flow "gear up" will be listed.

Select it and click <Edit>

That will take you to the "Script properties" or "flow properties" panel.

If you want a silent execution, don't do anything there and just click "Edit script commands".

In "Script commands" panel, click <Command> button and type any command that would get the FO to retract the gear except this one (I mean "gear-up"). That's because that command isn't available in the alternate grammar.

Could use

gear retract

retract gear

raise the landing gear

.... or whatever other variation.

Then add other commands as you see fit.

Don't forget to save.

From now on, saying "gear up" would trigger that custom flow.

sounds good, thank you, looking forward to the next update!

(what about engine fire test, would this also be part of the next update?)

John.

sounds good, thank you, looking forward to the next update!

(what about engine fire test, would this also be part of the next update?)

John.

Engine fire test is already in, and we do that with all supported aircraft.

As part of this test, apu fire detection is tested as well.

What the other user requested is a separate check for APU only, and that's the one that will be added in upcoming update.

Hi, I would like to have the copilot do an APU fire test only on the FSlabA320

You can now do that with latest package.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Because a new version never overwrites the flows, you need to manually edit the "Electrical power up with apu" or whatever you renamed it to, to change "check fire detection" to "check apu fire detection".

Hi Gerald,

Thank you very much for the update, sorry for the late reply, was busy in my real time job. Didn't have time lately with this. I'm still working on incorporating my company flow into the FSLAB A320, eventually I will need more switches and button to be handle by the FO, and I will definitely asked you at a later stage to allow them to be handle by the FO