Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

Bombardier closes deal with Delta on new C series

I wonder how Trump will feel about them buying a non US aircraft from a company that is terribly managed and essentially propped up by the Canadian tax payer whenever they run into the next financial crisis.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Read through the comments on the article. Bombardier uses some components made in the US for its planes. And Boeing uses foreign components in its aircraft. It's not that simple.

My wife searched high and low for a toaster that was not made in China. She finally found one made in Great Britain by Dualit. This was a number of years ago, but recently there was an article online about a new US-made commercial toaster designed for restaurants and it stated that even though Dualit was still assembled in Great Britain, many of the components were now made in China.

Free trade is never simple and what you will find is many items like Cars make in Canada/Mexico contain 50% of parts from the USA and visa versa.  The Bombardier thing is a bit sensitive for us Canadians as they seem to have their hand out all the time and then when we give them orders for things like subway cars and street cars from Toronto they don't even bother to deliver on time.  They are currently being sued by the City of Toronto.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I see the CS100 in EDDF from time to time in Swiss International livery.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Maybe PMDG will design a CS100 or CS300

I can't imagine a PMDG aircraft with no yoke! :P

Yea I agree. Beautiful aircraft but I do prefer yoke.

From a passenger POV this aircraft will be the best in its class with the wider seats and more room, larger windows and larger overhead bins. That is significant for a smaller short haul aircraft. It will be popular with Delta.

Matthew Kane

My wife searched high and low for a toaster that was not made in China. She finally found one made in Great Britain by Dualit. This was a number of years ago, but recently there was an article online about a new US-made commercial toaster designed for restaurants and it stated that even though Dualit was still assembled in Great Britain, many of the components were now made in China.

That post cracked me up Jay. I have a 1950's Toastmaster 1B24 toaster that I bought at a garage when I was in college. Years later a girlfriend talked me into buying a fancy one that would heat all kinds of things besides toast, but it didn't last very long. When it broke I pulled the Toastmaster back out. I'm just about retired and it still works perfect. All my friends used to kid me about it until they had to keep replacing their fancy new ones. There is not a rivet in it. All the fasteners are screws or bolts. I've never had to take it apart to work on it though. Made in the USA and Canada.

Give this link to your wife:

http://www.ebay.tv/sch/i.html?_sop=1&_nkw=vintage+toastmaster+toaster

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

I quit flying Delta because they don't only use regional jets exclusively for shorter flights. I fly to the West very often. Typically, I catch another flight in Salt Lake City. That's 1,067 air miles. That is not a short trip in a smaller aircraft. I fly Southwest in the comfort of a 737. Delta can say what they want, but I know from experience what their intentions are. By the way, United uses a regional jet to go from Austin to San Francisco. The Southwest flights are usually full.

Bill W

That CS100 is a looker for sure :dance: !  The Toast Master, not as much :Pig: .  But, hey as long as she can get you to where you're going...

I always had a preference for Boeing until this, now the magic and glory is gone for me just like the retiring fleets of 747s. That company needs to reinvent itself and get away from 7-series thinking moving forward. Here we are going into 2018 and they are retooling 737s and crying foul at other innovations :huh:

Matthew Kane

45 minutes ago, Matthew Kane said:

I always had a preference for Boeing until this, now the magic and glory is gone for me just like the retiring fleets of 747s. That company needs to reinvent itself and get away from 7-series thinking moving forward. Here we are going into 2018 and they are retooling 737s and crying foul at other innovations :huh:

Boeing did originally have plans to do a clean slate design (project Yellowstone). It was the Airbus decision to make the neo and the sale to American Airlines that forced the decision to do do the 737 redesign.  Brand new designs take a lot of time and money, and had Boeing continued down the redesign path the new aircraft wouldn't have even flown till 2020 at the earliest, but more realistically 2021-22.  That would have meant no real competition with the A320neo, and all the record breaking orders they’ve had for the MAX potentially going to the neo instead. That doesn’t mean there’s no work being done on an all new replacement, trust me Boeing knows they need a new model and would like to have a 737 sized 787 more than anyone.

Brian W

KPAE