Sign in to follow this  
otooleg

PMDG Boeing 737-800NGX

Help. Despite following guides and successfully getting through PMDG start up procedures - with all FMC failures set to off - I get a low pressure warning on one engine? As I am slowly learning start up from cold - I wonder whether it is the time taken for me to configure the aircraft that is causing the issue? I got to successully push back - started one engine, only to find when I tried to start the second engine I get a low pressure warning - any advice gratefully received? Equally I appear to have somehow lost my default Cold and Dark Panel state - any idea how I reinstate- or install?

George

Got all your fuel pumps on? I have found if you mess up an engine start (failed to turn off air bleed to AC packs for example) it can be very difficult to restart. As far as CND is concerned why dont you CND it yourself and save. It will be good practice and 'a how to do' is in the tutorial supplied. Good luck, take your time and above all have fun PMDG aint easy - thats why we fly it :)

Probably a bleed air issue, make sure your packs are 'off'

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I get a low pressure warning on one engine?

Could you do a screenshot of your panel where you seen warning?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Equally I appear to have somehow lost my default Cold and Dark Panel state - any idea how I reinstate- or install?

I am aware of two things you could do. 1) Run the installer again and select the repair option or 2) Use the search feature of your computer to find the missing panel state. You are looking for two files 1) NGX CLDDRK.sav and 2) NGX CLDDRK.fmc. If you find the two files, cut/paste to PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\Panel State.

Thanks for all your replies guys - I decided after taking advice from PMDG support that a belt and braces clean install was required - sledgehammer to crack a nut I know but I am sure it will be better for me to start with the PMDG Cold and Dark set up to learn my way around the cockpit - wish I was twenty years younger though - 

George

Cold and Dark set up to learn my way around the cockpit

You only have to do that once or twice..., I prefer to start my sessions in a configuration that resembles what a crew finds when they board at the gate to preflight for next segment.  I set these up and save them as my GAP panel state (Gate Air/Power).

wish I was twenty years younger though

Deviousness and cunning will beat youth and exuberance most times.

Dan Downs KCRP