Sign in to follow this  
taiyang

dx10fixerlib CTD when exiting fsx

Hello Steve,

I have  a crash on exit FSX. I know that this is known error, but I didn't find a special topic for it.

Will be waiting for solution.

DX fixer v3.2, cloud shadows v1.4.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: fsx.exe
  Application Version: 10.0.61637.0
  Application Timestamp: 46fadb14
  Fault Module Name: dx10fixerlib.DLL
  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 586df69f
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 00002e1e
  OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Sorry to hear that.    It isn't a known problem to me - hence why there is no topic  on the subject.

There was one customer who reported CTDs on exit and another who had it happen once.  These reports were for 1.1 or 1.2.  I reviewed all the code and made some changes for 1.3 and haven't heard of any issues since (but  its conceivable that it is still happening and people aren't telling me)

Is it happening regularly - is it repeatable?  Can you send me by email your dll.xml file.  If it was a one off was there anything unusual about the flight?  had you changed aircraft, loaded a different flight?

Sorry to hear that.    It isn't a known problem to me - hence why there is no topic  on the subject.

There was one customer who reported CTDs on exit and another who had it happen once.  These reports were for 1.1 or 1.2.  I reviewed all the code and made some changes for 1.3 and haven't heard of any issues since (but  its conceivable that it is still happening and people aren't telling me)

Is it happening regularly - is it repeatable?  Can you send me by email your dll.xml file.  If it was a one off was there anything unusual about the flight?  had you changed aircraft, loaded a different flight?

I got several CTD´s, when I upgraded CS 1.2 to 1.3. Impossible to fly more than 1 minute, especially if METAR was ticked.

So I deinstalled CS 1.3. Then no more CTD´s and everything was fine again, but without CS.

After (fresh) installation CS 1.4 there are no CTD´s  ;-) but I have not checked the METAR option yet. I´ll report, if there are probs again....

EDIT: One observation: after installation of CS 1.4 clowd shadows and METAR option were unticked. Easy to check again....but I guess at least the cloud shadows should be activated from the beginning.

Yes it sounds like you would probably  have had the initial build of 1.3 which was only available for a few hours. There was a problem which could cause a crash in weather.dll on some systems.  I removed it from fastspring and resolved it the same day for the one person who reported it with a revised build of 1.3.  

As no one else reported it I assumed that the handful of people with the initial build didn't have the issue.

That is/was a separate issue from this report of a crash on exit

Yes, it is repeatable, every time I exit FSX - it crashes. It is not critical to me as It crashes after I finished any flights.

I experimented a lot with fsx.cfg and your program settings as I tried to tune picture in FSX, may be I broke something.

I don't know how to attach files to a message, so I loaded it to dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dbq2aibp7roxnnk/AABsufwAwFxYLlNWsNu5Fdg9a?dl=0

Can you share an email address by pm - I can let you try a debug version

Also I see that you have steam and the DVD version.  Does the same error occur with both?

I also seem to be getting the error, only when I exit FSX though. 

Faulting application path: D:\Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Flight Simulator X\dx10fixerlib.DLL

DX10 V3.2_98
Clouds V1.4

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

If anyone else is experiencing this can they let me know.

It happens every time I exit FSX. DX10 Fixer v3.2 build 98 and Cloud Shadows 1.4

FSX%20wont%20close.jpg

Thanks Ric,  I have sent you a link to a new test version.

Not sure what you meant by "with the fixer libraries installed" in your email. If I look at DX10 Controller, it shows "Libraries are installed and up to date". I copied the new dx10fixerlib.dll form your link into FSX main directory and now FSX won't start. Here is a pic of the "Event".

Event%20for%20new%20dll.jpg

Note, I am actively trying to investigate this.  I still have only 3 people reporting it.  If anyone else is seeing it please let me know.

I now have a fix for this.  Will be delivered in 1.5.  If you have the issue and are not one of the three people in this thread  then please contact me.