Sign in to follow this  
rjsict

NGX after landing stutter/performance

Hi folks,

I have a real frustration with the NGX and the performance towards the latter end of any flight, absolutely noticeable after landing in the turn on taxi in with a consistent stutter every 1-2 secs? I have tried so many different things to improve the performance after landing but to no avail!?

Oddly, the NGX performs beautifully at the start of any flight, no stutters and in flight I hold a steady 29-31 FPS.

Could anyone shed any light on this please?

I have a 3770k OC'd to 4.7Ghz, 16Gb 1866 RAM, GTX 980 (stock speeds - for now anyway), 250Gb Samsung Pro 850 for P3D v3.4 with only AF116 and FFTF set to 0.01.

This issue was present on Win 7 and now Win 10 (rebuilt over Xmas). Using CAM to monitor hardware at the end of the flight the CPU looks OK, not maxed, same can be said for the GPU. RAM looks to have around 4-5Gb used?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Russell

Russell,

With FSX , P3D ?

Maybe you are low on VAS.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Vaughan,

Thanks for the response.... It is P3D 3.4 latest version, was the same in 3.2 also. Just finished a flight now and with very low settings in P3D still stuttering towards the end of the flight. Its odd because I changed in to the Cessna from A2A and the stutter disappears. Then change back in to NGX and stutter again disappears.

I don't have anything to monitor VAS but my add-ons are minimal apart from ORBX England, Uk2000 airports.

It is like 'something' is building up during the flight and appears towards the end? All CPU's and GPU look very comfortable with lots of headroom.... I just don't understand it and it is very frustrating. Ruining the immersion of the NGX :(

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Russel -

It's a forum requirement to include your full name in your posts here, so please make sure to include this in future posts.

As far as your issue goes, it sounds like your computer is getting behind over time, which is usually caused by modules like FSUIPC's auto-save function. Because the NGX has so much custom data flying around, saving a flight can take a bit of your resources (because we're saving all kinds of extra data that the sim, by itself, doesn't track), and if you do it too much, it all starts to pile up.

Might you be using that feature of FSUIPC?

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

My apologies, don't often post

I don't use FSUIPC at all, never been installed. This is on a new installation of Win 10, fresh install of P3D 3.4 and everything up to date.

Any other suggestions? The CFG is clean apart from AM = 116

Settings are medium/low in P3D

Russell

I suspect low VAS same as Vaughan.  Review the section in the introduction manual on VAS and it includes two ways to monitor VAS.  You cannot estimate virtual memory allocation from the actual memory use numbers, this is part of the discussion I encourage you to read up on.

Dan Downs KCRP

VAS doesn't get above 3,200,000 throughout the whole flight so definitely not VAS. I have additional scenery off and LOD @ 4.5.

P3D is very lean on a new install. This issue existed in my Win 7 P3D build on v3.2 so was hoping an upgrade to Win 10 and P3D 3.4 would resolve.

Just did another flight from EGKK to EGPH using UK scenery and Orbx England and Scotland.

It must be something CPU/GPU related!? Definitely not VAS, not RAM... Such a shame as the NGX is stutter free at the start of the flight!?

It is beyond me and very frustrating.

Russell

I had a similar issue where i would see stutter/short freezes with the T7 and it would get worse as time went on. I did a CLIENT and CONTENT uninstall/reinstall and the issue was resolved. Even on a new install might be worth a shot.  

Good luck! 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

Thanks Jordan,

Will give it a try... The NGX has sublime performance on taxi out but taxi in after flight is where I get a consistent stutter

Russell