Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Problem logging on to SimMarket.com using Google Chrome

Feel free to move this post to the correct forum, wasn't sure where to post.

I have severe issues logging on to SimMarket.com using Google Chrome. After entering my email address and password and pressing the Login button I get an error message saying

"Error!

Unable to determine connection method on a link!

Known methods: NONSSL SSL"

Anyone else getting this?

Strange is sometimes it works just fine but mostly I get this problem. I've tried using Internet Explorer and that works fine but since Chrome is my preferred browser it would be nice to find a way around this issue.

I've also contacted SimMarket but didn't get much of help more than try clearing your browser cache etc which I've already tried to no avail. They also claim this is not a common issue and hence I wanted to ask in here if I'm the only one seeing this problem?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Richard Åsberg

I also have problems logging into Simmarket using Chrome.  If I used my stored e-mail and password for the site, Simmarket will tell me I'm using an invalid password.  If I manually type the same exact password, the site will let me in.

There is definitely a disconnect between Simmarket and Chrome.  IE works just fine, as you noted.

Thanks, good to know I'm not the only one.

Hopefully SimMarket will eventually realize they have a problem with Google Chrome and if it was my site I would do my utmost to address such an issue considering the number of Google Chrome users out there...

Richard Åsberg

I just tried and had the wrong password response that I'm using an invalid password, but I just clicked on login again and it worked.  I tried again it no problems

Win10, Chrome

Mark Zanzig

I just tried and had the wrong password response that I'm using an invalid password, but I just clicked on login again and it worked.  I tried again it no problems

Win10, Chrome

I've had the same experience that sometimes it works the second or third time you try using the very same credentials while other days it won't allow you in regardless how many times you try.

To me it's very obvious they have an issue with their site that needs to be addressed although they claim they don't have any issues.

SimMarket has never been my preferred choice when it comes to sim add-ons but sometimes I'm forced to buy things from them when they can't be bought from elsewhere and then it would be nice to be able to logon without any issues.

Richard Åsberg