Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

X-Plane 11 Beta 5 is out

Thanks. I'll stick with b3 until there's a fix.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Is there any way to roll back the beta 4 to beta 3?

Not that I knew. I always keep a full copy of the previous version. And did I mention it: Stars and the moon seem to remain AWOL..... :mad:

Hans

Not that I knew. I always keep a full copy of the previous version. And did I mention it: Stars and the moon seem to remain AWOL..... :mad:

Yes didnt download this new version but doesnt sound good - give us the basic features first - obvious things like the sky should be number 1 priority - here we go again - wait continues - oh well 

Rich Sennett

Yes didnt download this new version but doesnt sound good - give us the basic features first - obvious things like the sky should be number 1 priority - here we go again - wait continues - oh well 

+1. and better weather depiction would be nice. :smile:

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Try this saw it at .org

There is a link to the old file if you all ready updated or dont have a backup

The shader error is actually caused by a different shader, it's called 'prefix.glsl'.

I don't know if this will have other repurcussions to pb4 or the new version was simply a mistake, either way, I have PB4 running.

***NOTE TO MODS. LAMINAR PB3 FILE, PLEASE DELETE THIS IF I'M NOT ALLOWED TO POST IT***

Try this guys, it's the pb3 version of the above file. I don't know if this is allowed although it seems innocent enough...

Unzip and place in the resources/shaders/ directory...

Rich Sennett

GLSL shader error here as well, GTX1070, and I am also having issues with Navigraph custom data.

shot0001.jpg

Hi,

I have the same Navdata error unable to run XP11pb4. Went back to pb3 and it runs ok by unchecking beta updates and "updating" again.

Jim Morgan

Topics merged. Hmm, think I'll wait for other braver souls to try it

I loaded it in...and have very responsive input from my Logitech Extreme to the sim.

Much better control of the rudder and ground steering.

Oh, in reading other's posts, I have no errors reported.  XP11 loaded in, and that was that....started a flight.

Wow...so many problems being reported after other's installations....

I used the XP11 updater....when asked to overwrite any and all files, I said yes...

The installer finished its thing...and I went directly into a flight from the FLY XPLANE NOW, within the Updater mask.

Everything loaded in as normal with B1-3.

XEnviro's intializing mask came up, FUISPC, X-Camera, etc...and came up to notify they were loaded...and I flew a flight out of Michigan.

For all you having errors,  try to run from the installer  FLY XPLANE NOW, and one final thing. I always defrag and Name Optimize any new files or downloads.  I did all that, and as I say, no problems running B4

I loaded it in...and have very responsive input from my Logitech Extreme to the sim.

Thanks Mitch - question wont over writing some files mess with your scenery and plugins ?  i plan on doing a new install and re-do scenery etc. thinking this might be the safest way - what do you think 

Rich Sennett

Much better control of the rudder and ground steering.

Oh, in reading other's posts, I have no errors reported.  XP11 loaded in, and that was that....started a flight.

Wow...so many problems being reported after other's installations....

I used the XP11 updater....when asked to overwrite any and all files, I said yes...

The installer finished its thing...and I went directly into a flight from the FLY XPLANE NOW, within the Updater mask.

Everything loaded in as normal with B1-3.

XEnviro's intializing mask came up, FUISPC, X-Camera, etc...and came up to notify they were loaded...and I flew a flight out of Michigan.

For all you having errors,  try to run from the installer  FLY XPLANE NOW, and one final thing. I always defrag and Name Optimize any new files or downloads.  I did all that, and as I say, no problems running B4

the installer rolled back to pb3

the installer rolled back to pb3

Meaning they stopped pushing PB4 correct ? 

==================================================

.org statement

LR has pulled pb4 off the servers. Please run the installer and update to roll back to pb3 and continue to use X-Plane 11

Rich Sennett

Thanks Mitch - question wont over writing some files mess with your scenery and plugins ?  i plan on doing a new install and re-do scenery etc. thinking this might be the safest way - what do you think 

No Rich...it only overwrites my custom sound files, but as soon as I load in XPLANE, I turn them all back on.  Nothing else gets effected.

Well...I still have B3.  I must have had a bad first install of my controller, for I now have much better control, but it had nothing to do with B4.  I never got it.  It just reloaded B3 as all you folks found out.   Back to the flight.

So let me get this straight, didn't LR state they were favoring Navigraph for their FMS data?  On top of that, they must have realized something went fubar and rolled back to 3...all in the span of a short afternoon while I was at work...nothing to see here, stick with B3. lol

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit