Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

X-Plane 11 Beta 5 is out

Wow, nothing against cats and dogs, but agree that $1.5M could go such a long way to improve XP11! Pity... 

Considering he probably got huge tax reductions in return it was probably not a bad business move aswell :D

Wow, nothing against cats and dogs, but agree that $1.5M could go such a long way to improve XP11! Pity... 

The old adage comes to mind -- A woman can make a baby in 9 months, but 9 women can't make a baby in one month.  :smile:

It's a very small company. Just a few people and some outsourcing, distributed across the country with no central office (AFAIK). It might be that throwing more money at things like better ATC and weather/seasons might not speed things up, when the underlying code has to be written and tested by the core team that's already there.

• Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

...but $1.5 million could buy you a lot of 3D art assets or textures, and feed a few hungry 3D artists. But I like cats and dogs more :D

• Upvote 1

Or, he could donate to IPACS Team.... they would surely do a lot of even nicer stuff with it... and in a couple of years, Auxtin could become a member of their team. creating puffy smoke for their modules ! Or detailled tire physics!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Or, he could donate to IPACS Team.... they would surely do a lot of even nicer stuff with it... and in a couple of years, Auxtin could become a member of their team. creating puffy smoke for their modules ! Or detailled tire physics!

Lol you and Xplane will never sit at the same table. 

But there is no holy grail in any flight sim.

• Upvote 3

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Or he could just say it's my money and everyone else can just stop being arrogant and rude enough to say what I should do with it.

Sorry, I realise most of this is not that serious but I just get fed up with this type of second guessing by other people.

• Upvote 8

Give people power to really test their personality.

8,520 posts do not excuse you from respect and civility! Who do you think you are???

• Upvote 8

Or Beta 6, I am constantly looking out for news on Fridays since the end of November  :smile:

Hans

8,520 posts do not excuse you from respect and civility! Who do you think you are???

And 78 posts don´t do that for you, either. Jcomm is a respected and always cheerful member of the community, aka "the uninstaller". It´s all with tongue in cheek, so there is really no need to lash out. Even though I welcome you defending X-Plane and Austin :wink: .

Jcomm will be really happy only once they get the aerodynamics of the airplanes right when they do a tail-first dive on a moonless night at Mach 2.0 - just like DCS and Elite Flightsim. Until then we have to live with his snidey remarks :P .

Cheers and have fun, Jan

• Upvote 5

Jcomm will be really happy only once they get the aerodynamics of the airplanes right when they do a tail-first dive on a moonless night at Mach 2.0

And uninstalled / reinstalled once just to be sure:)

Edit: Which we wouldn't have any other way!

• Upvote 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

There's a lot of assumptions in that statement.

You're right :-/

Sorry for that... Not a nice post at all ( mine )

You know, I actually love X-Plane too, and have the utmost respect for Austin's ( and LR ) work and dedication, even if sometimes it doesn't show given this stupid posts of mine :-/.....and this sort of things often happen when we love something / someone....and want to get the most out of it.... even if sometimes we're already asking too much.

• Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The old adage comes to mind -- A woman can make a baby in 9 months, but 9 women can't make a baby in one month.  :smile:

It's a very small company. Just a few people and some outsourcing, distributed across the country with no central office (AFAIK). It might be that throwing more money at things like better ATC and weather/seasons might not speed things up, when the underlying code has to be written and tested by the core team that's already there.

Maybe not ATC or weather (although xEnviro has maybe killed that myth), but we know the system for more varied autogen and more varied regional textures is already there. It just needs assets created and populated. We know seasonal textures can already be accomplished as well, even if it's not with shaders and dynamic.

I can accept that some things require hard coding to be done first by the core developers. But there are things that if Austin really cared enough, he could outsource and get done more quickly.

Anyway, back to waiting on Beta 6 as XP11 is basically unusable right now if you fly prop planes.

• Upvote 1