Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

Fort Lauderdale airport shooting: Multiple people killed, suspect in custody

Messed up world we now live in - sick of all the doom and gloom its everywhere 

• Upvote 2

Rich Sennett

Messed up world we now live in - sick of all the doom and gloom its everywhere 

so very true, i think 2017 will be worse than 2016.

Messed up world indeed. I'm afraid I'll get worse before it gets better.

Yeah, it's going to definitely get worse before it gets better.  That's for sure.  As a parent, I no longer feel safe living in this country for my daughter.  Have been seriously thinking about leaving.  But, where do you go?  Is there anywhere on this planet that is safe from this kind of crap any more?

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Yeah, it's going to definitely get worse before it gets better.  That's for sure.  As a parent, I no longer feel safe living in this country for my daughter.  Have been seriously thinking about leaving.  But, where do you go?  Is there anywhere on this planet that is safe from this kind of crap any more?

China,Japan.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Japan.

That's right.  Forgot about Japan.  I've been there.  Got lost walking around Tokyo after midnight.  Never once did I feel afraid there.  Try doing that in the U.S.

I doubt China would be safe for an American, would it?  I don't think we're exactly friends.  But maybe I'm wrong?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

That's right.  Forgot about Japan.  I've been there.  Got lost walking around Tokyo after midnight.  Never once did I feel afraid there.  Try doing that in the U.S.

I doubt China would be safe for an American, would it?  I don't think we're exactly friends.  But maybe I'm wrong?

There are a lot of Expats there. I'm thinking of getting a flying jon over there once I get my hours up

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Very sad news....again. I'm sooooo grateful for my rural home in Vermont. Not that this sort of madness can't happen around here...but must say I don't have concerns going out. When I travel (once/twice a year these days) I have plenty of anxiety though. I feel safe near the trees, less so near concrete and steel.

Thoughts and prayers to all...

Greg 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Some bizarre comments here. May pay to look into the definition of "availability bias" before huddling under your kitchen table 24/7.

• Upvote 1

New Zealand. Our police still do not carry a gun. My daughter was born here and she is a first generation Kiwi. I named her Riley because she really is living the Life Of Riley (the good life)

Biggest problem you have with the schools is they call you because they are giving your kid a detention because they forgot their school blazer again....I can only think if this is the biggest problem they have then what a perfect place to raise your kids. Too far away from all the worlds problems

Matthew Kane

New Zealand. Our police still do not carry a gun. My daughter was born here and she is a first generation Kiwi. I named her Riley because she really is living the Life Of Riley (the good life)

Biggest problem you have with the schools is they call you because they are giving your kid a detention because they forgot their school blazer again....I can only think if this is the biggest problem they have then what a perfect place to raise your kids. Too far away from all the worlds problems

Interesting. I will have to do some research into that. Thanks!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

In before the lock!

And I'll add that I think the differences we see from one nation to another in regards to behavior patterns is a result of beliefs and morals unique to that society.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

While I would dearly love to move to either New Zealand or Australia, I simply don't have the financial means to do so...

As absurd as it sounds, I live well below the official "poverty level" and therefore don't even qualify for the ACA. Were it not for the VA, I'd have no health care at all.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator