Sign in to follow this  
Bill Griffith

SimConnect broken, by me.

I have read, I don't know how many, a lot of posts for this problem and tried most all of the suggestions with no luck so I'm posting here to see if anyone can help with this.

While attempting to install SimConnect on my second computer I managed to screw up SimConnect all together. I tried undoing what I had done to no avail.

I finally bit the bullet and removed and reinstalled FSX SE. I still have the problem. I installed Ezdok and when I brought the sim up there was no add-on tab to select although in the drop down view selection Ezca VC cam – 00 is shown. The normal view don't work other then the selections in the drop down view menu.  I get the, I imagine, typical errors now like, Can't initialize SimConnect and If SimConnect doesn't start in 50 sec, etc.

I installed FSUIPC4 and I now have an add-on selection tab but only FSUIPC4 shows there and it does seem to work. I installed GSX and it doesn't connect either. I have installed the various SimConnect .msi files (4).  The one in the 'lib' folder and the 3 legacy versions.

When I run Ezdok configure it says the 4 SimConnects were found, switching to 10.0.6.61259.0. When I run the registry selection in Ezdok config, it shows ezsc.dll and dx8vb.dll succeed. I checked for the winsxs folders and the 4 versions of SimConnect are there. I removed all but the original versions of SimConnect .cfg and .xml files although I'm led to believe that these shouldn't matter.

I have gone into Steam 'properties', 'local files' and selected “Verify integrity of game cashe”. The first time I ran that it showed 1 bad file. I have tried that again and that message doesn't appear. When I start FSX SE after that it shows that SimConnect client is being installed, version 10.0.62615.0. Then it says configuring DLC and shows 7 steps.

My current Steam build is shown as 1550585.

I obviously don't understand all that I know about this so thanks for any suggestions you might have.  :smile:

Bill

Edit: Spelling

Bill  N7IBG     

I obviously don't understand all that I know about this so thanks for any suggestions you might have

It's not about simconnect, and you did well to install all versions. Go to C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and open exe.xml. it looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>True</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>

Change   <Launch.ManualLoad>True</Launch.ManualLoad>  to   <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

It's going to work after that

Thank you for the reply.  I'm posting what is in my file EXE.xml file and the section with the filename EXE.xml isn't there.  Do I need to add that section to my file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
    <Disabled>false</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>SODE</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>FSX</CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Bill  N7IBG     

I'm posting what is in my file EXE.xml file and the section with the filename EXE.xml isn't there.  Do I need to add that section to my file.

First lines in exe.xml(before first "</Launch.Addon>") should be like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>

Your line <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>  belongs to DLL.XML, which is a different file located in same folder. Other entries are ok, they should be in exe.xml(couatl, ezdok, sode). You should replace it. 
You can upload exe.xml and dll.xml here, i can check them if you want

Thanks again for the help.  Here is the dll.xml file -

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
    <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
    <Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
    <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>SODE Animation Module</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

And again, here is the exe.dll file -

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
    <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
    <Disabled>false</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>SODE</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>FSX</CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

I see that they both reference the dll.xml file.  It would look like I should replace the dll.xml reference in the exe.dll file with exe.dll.  I would assume that, but I assumed that I knew what I was doing when I got into this mess.  :P  Rereading your post I see that is what you are saying, correct? 

Best regards,

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Rereading your post I see that is what you are saying, correct?

Yes, you should replace it  :smile:

I'll check them for errors and upload here in few minutes

There's no option to attach them to post anymore? 

https://mega.nz/#!K4BTiaRT!vWQ4W7-JKEhmKrSBGwudA6shOM7bkQhnRmGcGTSYTX4

https://mega.nz/#!6pZQwZJT!7EqzqaKstTy5x6_0cDtFoX-mwoxYPNBqVdHlEHtFvss

I checked them for errors, i hope i didn't missed something 

Thank you very much.  :smile:   These forums are such a great resource.  I appreciate you time spent on this.  :smile:   I will check back with the results.  There has been great sim weather here as in very cold and lots of snow, so I had to screw up FSX.  :P

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

well, here too, -12c now with a lot of snow. Fortunately I have some days off  :smile:

A slight delay in checking back in here.  :smile:   Another snow storm and more digging out.  :P   I haven't had time to try much else since that started.  Correcting the exe.xml and dll.xml files unfortunately didn't correct the problem.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled EZdok several times.  It seems to be partial install as ezca is shown in the drop down views menu.  The regular views such as the joystick hat don't work.  My joystick doesn't work now either.  I have done the Steam “Verify integrity of game cashe” and there are no faults found.  I found out that there is a registry entry for 'Trusted" software and it is set to the right key word.  I do get an EZdok message saying that it doesn't find FSX.  I don't have any EZdok entrys in the dll.xml file and I'm wondering if there should be any entries there for EZdok.  I'm also wondering if there are any other registry entry's that might cause a problem like this.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

A slight delay in checking back in here.  :smile:   Another snow storm and more digging out.  :P   I haven't had time to try much else since that started.  Correcting the exe.xml and dll.xml files unfortunately didn't correct the problem.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled EZdok several times.  It seems to be partial install as ezca is shown in the drop down views menu.  The regular views such as the joystick hat don't work.  My joystick doesn't work now either.  I have done the Steam “Verify integrity of game cashe” and there are no faults found.  I found out that there is a registry entry for 'Trusted" software and it is set to the right key word.  I do get an EZdok message saying that it doesn't find FSX.  I don't have any EZdok entrys in the dll.xml file and I'm wondering if there should be any entries there for EZdok.  I'm also wondering if there are any other registry entry's that might cause a problem like this.

Bill

Sorry for a late reply, i got my new SSD and i was in process of reinstalling everything - Windows and FSX.

Becouse you get message that Ezdok cannot find FSX, i think there could be a registry or simconnect problem.

To check / set FSX registry entries, download FSX Registry Utility here: http://www.tweakfs.com/store/free_tools.php

For simconnect, find your SDK installation folder(it should be in FSX main folder with FSX-SE). Then go to SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces. you will find there another folders, just run installers "SimConnect.msi" inside those folders, all of them.

Just to be sure, run Ezdok configuration utility, it should say which version of simconnect are found on system etc. 

You can also check if simconnect is working with this simconnect test utility http://www.dodosim.com/free/SimConnectTest.exe     Just run it with FSX running

Thank you for the reply.  I ended up reinstalling my boxed version of FSX Gold.  I didn't want to do another 10 GB download from Steam.  :smile:   Everything is back to working now, most of the time.  I do have some CTD's that seem to be mostly related to the UIAutomationCore.dll file.  I would place a copy in the FSX  folder, as I had read about, and that would cure the problem for a while.  I have read that the UIAutomationCore.dll from Windows Vista cures the problem permanently.  I happen to have a computer with Vista installed so I put that file in the FSX folder.  We will see how that goes.  I'm sure that I will make good use of those utilities that you mentioned.  I have been using Windows event viewer.  That is how I found out the the UIAutomationCore.dll file was causing the CTD's.  Thank you again for your help.   :smile: 

Bill  N7IBG