Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

VoxATC not working in FSX-SE

So I don't have to rewrite my issue for a third time, I am pasting a contact email that I sent to VoxATC some weeks ago, in the hope that someone around here may have some information or advice. 

To summarise, my original help request, I have VoxATC v6, which I bought on disc from RC Simulations, worked fine in FSX but for some reason, since moving to FSX steam edition, I have been unable to complete a single flight without an issue. Problems are numerous and vary from losing contact with ground after taxiing to runway, having both a female and male controller repeat instructions, having to repeat my own instructions to ATC, losing control on approach, being given completely illogical instructions halfway through a flight, losing ATC altogether through a flight and also the whole thing just stop working. 

I have installed VoxATC both in it's own folder adjacent to FSX-SE on a drive separate from the OS, and also in the FSX-SE root folder. I run with no firewall or AV and have full admin rights .Is there a problem with FSX-SE? If so, will I be able to update my version to the latest version without having to purchase a brand new release?

Cheers guys.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Why not uninstall V6 and install the V7 beta? It's a limited time, free full feature version of VOXATC and IMO it works a lot better. Still not perfect, but a lot better than V6.

Why not uninstall V6 and install the V7 beta? It's a limited time, free full feature version of VOXATC and IMO it works a lot better. Still not perfect, but a lot better than V6.

Hmm, so when it's released will I have to purchase it, bearing in mind I have bought V6?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Hmm, so when it's released will I have to purchase it, bearing in mind I have bought V6?

I believe so. I don't know if there will be a discount for owners of the previous version.

NAX669.png

I believe so. I don't know if there will be a discount for owners of the previous version.

Blimey, that sucks. Ah well, I have this afternoon dedicated to some flying so I will follow Jay's suggestion and try it out. I have to admit, I can't imagine flying without VoxATC.

Howard

Hi guys, do either of you know why I can't download the Vox Pop base file off the Beta 7 site? I have everything else, but when I click on the link it goes to a URL not found page.

Howard

OK, thanks Jay. I'll try this.

Howard