Sign in to follow this  
hobeprime

Flaps setting by PNF after start

Hello,

I did a few flights in adverse weather conditions these days and noted that the PNF will not set flaps 2 or flaps 3 if so entered in the MCDU. If I have a flap setting of 1, everything is fine and the PNF will set flaps to Config 1+F. Is this wanted/normal?

Thanks.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

What did the Takeoff Flaps setting on the FS2Crew "Departure Brief" page say?

I recall it goes on that.

best,

That's right. Thank you. I must have overread that in the manual, it's under Procedures/Cold Weather Procedures.

If you choose CONTAM – CLD PROC (N), (the "N" for "No") the PNF will set the flaps as usual during the after start flow.

If you choose CONTAM – CLD PROC (Y),(the "Y" for "Yes") the PNF will wait for a visual inspection of the flaps after possible de-icing procedures and thus set the flaps just prior to departure.

Kind regards,

Dennis