Sign in to follow this  
Tango777

Problems across the panel

Just curious if anyone else has these problems:

If I am on the ground long enough with the C441 while not running an engine, the batteries discharge very quickly. So I switch to another airplane (FSX default airplane, Cessna 172 or Ultralight) quickly and then I quickly switch back to the C441. I can then turn on every instrument including Alabeo's Avidyne MFD which turns on automatically, and default C441's radios when I turn them on, but the Flight1 GTN750 will not turn back on automatically as it should. Alabeo support has gone quiet on this problem as they e-mail me back by talking about other problems that the C441 has thereby ignoring the problem. This does not happen in any other plane I own.

Alabeo quit responding on this topic in my support ticket I told Alabeo support that the C441 needs a GPU, but they replied and said that FSX will not support a GPU for a turboprop. I told them about the PMDG J4100, because it is a turboprop, and the J4100's GPU functions perfectly. No response from Alabeo support on this GPU topic yet.

Both DME instruments never show values as they only show orange dash marks even though I will tune both Nav1 and Nav2 radios to a VOR. I can be at FL150 30nm away from ORD's VOR or any other VOR and the orange dash marks remain every time, but the VOR needles work fine and point in the proper direction. No response from Alabeo support on this.

During flight it is very easy to accidentally affect the rudder trim wheel while adjusting the AP's vertical speed pitch wheel. If the mouses hand gets bumped to the right by a few millimeters by a little turbulence just slightly to the right of the AP's vertical pitch wheel, the rudder trim wheel which is basically on the floor is all of a sudden being manipulated by my mouses hand. The AP trim wheel is no where near the rudder trim wheel. Alabeo support wants more information from me on this topic but is a screenshot along with a detailed description of the the problem not enough? They are now ignoring me on this issue.

The beacon light does not function properly and Alabeo told me that is because the C441 has an exclusive switch for the beacon in that the anti-collision switch controls both the beacon and the anti-collision lights. That is not how it works on any plane I can think of. In a real life C441, the beacon lights are on the tail and belly, but Alabeo has an invisible beacon light source on the belly that is on when you load the airplane without any light switches turned on. For proof that the C441 has an independent beacon light and that it is not tied to the same exclusive switch as the anti-collision lights switch, well here ya go:

The pressurization rate dial does not function which is not that big of a deal, but they have ignored me on this item too.

The weather radar in the Alabeo Avidyne MFD shows snow sometimes while in some strange simultaneous way mirroring exactly what the Stormscope shows. Their Stormscope gauge does not function the way their pdf states that it will.

Before I forget: Where is the operations manual?

As for ground handling: Does anyone else feel like it taxis on a sheet of ice even at slow speeds of 2 knots when the taxiways and runways are dry in a desert or on a snowy day?

This is my first Alabeo airplane and so far I am not impressed with customer service or in what needs to be fixed where Alabeo support basically says that their model is accurate to the real plane.

I read some good reviews on their track record of support, and I read some really bad reviews on their customer support before buying the C441. So when they tell us that they are going to be updating the C441, I hope they listen to customers that submit support tickets during their current silence. Realizing I sound like just a complainer, but where is the real support? I am just asking for basic help.

Has anyone else out there had any of the problems I listed above?

brandon

Welcome to the wonderful world of Alabeo/Carenado, or as I like to call them, A-lame-o/Care-not-o. :sad:

• Upvote 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

If Alabeo does not respond to my reply to their last e-mail to me about where I answered their questions to troubleshoot the problems, do I have the right to request a refund from them if they do not end up fixing what say is on their update list?

Generally speaking: no right, but they may do it as a gesture of goodwill.

But I'd say wait a bit, for many people the working year will start tomorrow.

Regarding your problems (disclaimer: I don't own this aircraft, so all is guesswork):

- FSUIPC can increase your battery life by a configurable factor, but you may need the registered version. I think there is a free program that does a similar thing.

But just because some developers model a GPU outside the FSX code, you can't expect all developers to do that.

- Did you really tune to a VORDME or DME? Not all VORs send DME signals. And did you use a VORDME or DME that really exists in FSX? Double-check with another simple aircraft, that does not use AIRAC information, but the FSX navaids.

- Regarding AP pitch wheel vs. rudder trim: Mouse moving due to aircraft shaking is a problem for me in many aircraft. I have configured a second view with EZdok Camera without this shaking to do such things, and I usually assign joystick buttons to the AP pitch wheel.

- Regarding beacon vs. anti-collision lights: I think they are correct here.

Edit: http://www.avsim.com/index.php/_/reviews/aircraft/review-flysimware-cessna-441-conquest-ii-r2835 says about the Flysimware C441: "The lighting switches are self-explanatory but Cessna also at this time did not include a Rotating Beacon but Flysimware has included a popular after release upgrade that can used in place of the beacon, the Recognition light and is installed below the primary lighting switches."

- Pressurization: This isn't modelled well in FSX and I congratulate every developer who implements this on their own, but I don't expect anything in most FSX planes.

- Operations manual: There are many online resources for this, or buy an AFM. That is nothing different from many other payware aircraft. If such aircraft include good documentation, it is a bonus.

Edit: You could use the manual for Flight1's C441: http://www.flight1software.com/441/manuals/Flight1%20441%20Userguides.zip

• Upvote 1

Generally speaking: no right, but they may do it as a gesture of goodwill.

But I'd say wait a bit, for many people the working year will start tomorrow. They were e-mailing me last week and then they just stopped mid week when I caught a mistake that they made regarding the GPU deal.

Regarding your problems (disclaimer: I don't own this aircraft, so all is guesswork):

- FSUIPC can increase your battery life by a configurable factor, but you may need the registered version. I think there is a free program that does a similar thing. Alabeo support realizes that the batteries discharge way too fast and they claim that a fix is coming in the next version that will extend the battery life.

But just because some developers model a GPU outside the FSX code, you can't expect all developers to do that. My point is that Alabeo support said to me that a GPU is impossible for a turboprop in FSX in that a GPU would never work for a turbo prop because they claim that FSX does not recognize GPUs for a turboprop, and that is simply not the case. Just look at the PMDG J4100. When I mentioned the J4100, Alabeo quit responding all together and ever since my support ticket has been ignored even though there are other issues for them to address within my support ticket. Pretty sad support followup.

- Did you really tune to a VORDME or DME? Not all VORs send DME signals. And did you use a VORDME or DME that really exists in FSX? Double-check with another simple aircraft, that does not use AIRAC information, but the FSX navaids. I have tuned to the following: ORD, BNA, LGA, and PHX just to name a few. All of which have DME. All aircraft receive DME from these very same VOR freq's except the Alabeo C441.

- Regarding AP pitch wheel vs. rudder trim: Mouse moving due to aircraft shaking is a problem for me in many aircraft. I have configured a second view with EZdok Camera without this shaking to do such things, and I usually assign joystick buttons to the AP pitch wheel. My mouse is directly over the AP switch wheel and my mouse scrolling wheel moves the rudder trim, not even close.

- Regarding beacon vs. anti-collision lights: I think they are correct here. Cessna did not install rotating beacons {rotating being the key word}, but they installed beacons that are controlled independently of the anti-coll switch. Watch the youtube video link I posted above. One is on the belly and the other is on top of the vertical stab, and in the video you will see that both beacons are on and that the anti-coll lights are not on because the plane is not on the rwy.

Edit: http://www.avsim.com/index.php/_/reviews/aircraft/review-flysimware-cessna-441-conquest-ii-r2835 says about the Flysimware C441: "The lighting switches are self-explanatory but Cessna also at this time did not include a Rotating Beacon but Flysimware has included a popular after release upgrade that can used in place of the beacon, the Recognition light and is installed below the primary lighting switches."

- Pressurization: This isn't modelled well in FSX and I congratulate every developer who implements this on their own, but I don't expect anything in most FSX planes. Then Alabeo should state this. This is the first payware plane or payware tool that I have bought where I had to search my computer for its documentation.

- Operations manual: There are many online resources for this, or buy an AFM. That is nothing different from many other payware aircraft. If such aircraft include good documentation, it is a bonus. If they cannot provide a manual like my other payware aircraft developers, then how did they make the plane?

Edit: You could use the manual for Flight1's C441: http://www.flight1software.com/441/manuals/Flight1%20441%20Userguides.zip

If Alabeo does not respond to my reply to their last e-mail to me about where I answered their questions to troubleshoot the problems, do I have the right to request a refund from them if they do not end up fixing what say is on their update list?

I understand that you want the airplane to be perfect... Knowing Alabeo/Carenado, that is unlikely to be accomplished.  Enjoy the plane for what it delivers and do not insist on perfection, or you are just going to be an unhappy customer (without recourse..).

• Upvote 2

Bert

I understand that you want the airplane to be perfect... Knowing Alabeo/Carenado, that is unlikely to be accomplished.  Enjoy the plane for what it delivers and do not insist on perfection, or you are just going to be an unhappy customer (without recourse..).

I am not asking for perfection, because if I were my list would be much longer.

What bothers me is their lack of support and telling me an untruth as this is a first for me. On top of that ignoring a customer is flat out rude and it looks like they don't care. Asking a customer several questions on a support ticket, and then the customer such as myself takes the time to answer the questions with screenshots because they asked for them, and then ignoring the customer's reply is simply wrong. Who disagrees with this philosophy?

Untruth Example: I fully understand that having a gpu equals a ton of code and programming which would make the plane more expensive, but according to Alabeo support the PMDG J4100 and Majestic's Q400 should not have a gpu because FSX makes it impossible for a gpu to work with a turboprop. So are they lying to me, or do they simply not know that gpu's do indeed work in FSX?

If they have a reputation, according to many {and now myself included}, of having bad customer support then the guys down in Santiago, Chile who run things should have forums on their website, like many other developers do, which would help them (Alabeo/Carenado) and people that buy their planes solve problems instead of ignoring problems along with their customers.

Cessna did not install rotating beacons {rotating being the key word}, but they installed beacons that are controlled independently of the anti-coll switch.

Switch for the non-rotating recognition light to be used instead of the rotating beacon in the Flysimware C441:

046.jpg

No switch for the recognition light in this picture of a real C441:

lndgswitch.jpg

(and no such switch mentioned in the AFM either)

If they cannot provide a manual like my other payware aircraft developers, then how did they make the plane?

From Cessna's manual ... but they can't give you Cessna's manual, because that would be a copyright violation.

I don't know the style you used when writing to Alabeo, but if it is like here I could understand why they no longer answer.

But I hope for you (and others) that they will fix what they can fix, but I suggest taking Bert's advice and enjoy this aircraft as much as possible within its limitations.

Alabeo quit responding on this topic in my support ticket I told Alabeo support that the C441 needs a GPU, but they replied and said that FSX will not support a GPU for a turboprop. I told them about the PMDG J4100, because it is a turboprop, and the J4100's GPU functions perfectly. No response from Alabeo support on this GPU topic yet.

I  use Johan Bellardi's GPU package for a number of aircraft. If you search:  GPU Powerpack for Carenado C90 ​on AVSIM you can download Johan Bellardi's GPU package. I use this for several aircraft including the Alabeo C404. I don't know if it works for the C441 but I think it may be what you're looking for. Most people select the extended battery life option in FSUIPC, but If you are obsessed with reality you can give this a shot. If you do and if it works on the C441, remember to un check/tick the extended battery option in the miscellaneous tab of FSUIPC.

I think there are a couple of other aircraft options like the Carenado C208. It normally doesn't have to be for the specific aircraft as it requires some panel.cfg mods.  - Les Parson

My style of writing Alabeo support has been different than here. Words used such as: please, when you can, thank you for your help so far, and my latest e-mail down to them with a screenshot that they asked for last Wednesday: "Per your request please see attached screenshot of the AP pitch wheel and I hope you have not forgotten about me."

Fairly polite wording in my book.

I only mentioned here on this forum that they told me an untruth about the gpu, or they do not know what they are talking about.

However ask yourself one question, and that is: If a developer told you an untruth, how would you react?

With Alabeo support you have to login and then look through issues that might have already been addressed. I have not posted anything, but other C441 customers have posted so called "solutions" and these "solutions" are not solutions unfortunately. They are hard hitting words against Alabeo's support directed at Alabeo, so anyone can check out what is going on there if they want to do so.

Keep in mind that English is Alabeo's second language which is no problem, I can converse in Spanish if I have to.

I have learned now that Carenado oversees Alabeo so I think I will contact Carenado.

However in fairness to Alabeo I just received an e-mail from them while typing this post. So for the benefit of anyone that reads this post and has problems with their C441 and Alabeo support, here is what I just received:

"Thank you for your feedback, we are going to consider these issues to fix it for the next version."

I  use Johan Bellardi's GPU package for a number of aircraft. If you search:  GPU Powerpack for Carenado C90 ​on AVSIM you can download Johan Bellardi's GPU package. I use this for several aircraft including the Alabeo C404. I don't know if it works for the C441 but I think it may be what you're looking for. Most people select the extended battery life option in FSUIPC, but If you are obsessed with reality you can give this a shot. If you do and if it works on the C441, remember to un check/tick the extended battery option in the miscellaneous tab of FSUIPC.

I think there are a couple of other aircraft options like the Carenado C208. It normally doesn't have to be for the specific aircraft as it requires some panel.cfg mods.  - Les Parson

Thank you for the GPU Powerpack! I will look at it.

• Upvote 1

From Cessna's manual ... but they can't give you Cessna's manual, because that would be a copyright violation.

I think you misunderstood me. I was referring to manuals that are provided when you buy a plane from people like Aerosoft, PMDG, Flight1, FlightSim Labs. They can provide manuals like PMDG does. PMDG is crystal clear on their manuals they utilized and provide their customers because on page 1 they clearly state Boeing Copyright. Any developer can do this.

I think you misunderstood me. I was referring to manuals that are provided when you buy a plane from people like Aerosoft, PMDG, Flight1, FlightSim Labs. They can provide manuals like PMDG does. PMDG is crystal clear on their manuals they utilized and provide their customers because on page 1 they clearly state Boeing Copyright. Any developer can do this.

Yes, some developers have great manuals! But by now this is rather an exception than the norm, and usually those who have good manuals have a higher price tag and fewer published aircraft.

Just look at the manual coming with FSX or FS2004 (nearly nothing) in comparison to older releases (books!).

Simply stating "Boeing Copyright" isn't enough, you still need to acquire permission from the copyright holder. Sometimes this involves money, sometimes a kind of certification process where the sim aircraft developer has to show that the simulation is good enough so that the original aircraft manufacturer is happy with it.

It is not even granted that simulated aircraft may use the original name, because some manufacturers see this as a trademark violation. This is more prevalent with cars and trucks, but I already have seen FSX aircraft with "inspired by (some aircraft model)".

But good to know that Alabeo answered you, let's hope the best for the next update!

sometimes a kind of certification process where the sim aircraft developer has to show that the simulation is good enough so that the original aircraft manufacturer is happy with it.

Thanks for this info. This answers all of my questions about the C441 and how Alabeo developed it.

Thanks for this info. This answers all of my questions about the C441 and how Alabeo developed it.

:wink:

Hello

I am asking those familiar with the type/add-on. I am planning to purchase Alabeo's C441. Could you please let me know the following:

Can you kill the engine by firwalling the throttle for long durations?

When flaring, does it behave like Carenado planes, i.e. just falls out of the skies at stall without any buffeting, like a brick or something?

Would you recommend this plane to a pro-simmer, or it is just for eye-candy lovers?

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

Csaba