Sign in to follow this  
Tango777

Problems across the panel

Hello

I am asking those familiar with the type/add-on. I am planning to purchase Alabeo's C441. Could you please let me know the following:

Can you kill the engine by firwalling the throttle for long durations?

When flaring, does it behave like Carenado planes, i.e. just falls out of the skies at stall without any buffeting, like a brick or something?

Would you recommend this plane to a pro-simmer, or it is just for eye-candy lovers?

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

Csaba

I have flown 5 flight that lasts more than 30 minutes where I leave the throttles to the firewall from hitting f4 on the runway all the way thru initiating the descent just to see what will happen, and I have never received an indicator light or damaged an engine. My fsx is set to full realism.

On a day when winds are practically 000/00, or stronger winds, I have kept it at 65 to 70 knots and it just hovers until around 60 knots and it eventually touches down. I have never received a stall warning.

I have taken off from a 3500 ft. rwy with a x-wind component and winds at 12 knots and I rotated less than half way down the runway with 75% fuel in both tanks and a full load. With practically no winds it is the same experience.

I replied to another post in this forum and you can read my comments on engine startup and ground handling with the prop controls.

The wx radar and storm tracker that it comes with are mirror images of each other, and it only detects rain. It displays rain as green blotches all around you.

DMEs do not read the Nav2 radio but the VOR needles do track the Nav2 freq.

Personally it is not for a pro simmer if you want the realism of the PMDG J4100 as example. I regret buying the C441. In submitting my last 3 tech support requests, they respond with the same sentence.

The tech support is really not there. Their answers to me have not addressed my questions because their replies are: Thank you for your feedback, we are going to consider these issues to fix it for the next version.

Thanks a bunch for your response, it is most useful. Would you confirm that all Alabeo products are like this, or there might be some exceptions?

CSaba

Would you confirm that all Alabeo products are like this, or there might be some exceptions?

I can only speak for the C441 because it is the first and last Alabeo product that I will own.

I can only speak for the C441 because it is the first and last Alabeo product that I will own.

I think we can conclude that most of your criticisms of the 441 are spurious and down to operator error.  For example I've just tuned to ORD VOR and receive a DME reading.

And, as far as I have experienced, there is no problem with ground handling either. And the route most definitely shows up on the Avidyne.

In general though, surely everyone knows by now that Alabeo/Carenado do not produce aircraft with great system depth. But they do work well enough. If you want more than that systems-wise, purchase the Flysimware product. They also do an excellent series of in-depth Youtube tutorials which has helped me enjoy the Alabeo 441 even more!

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

I think we can conclude that most of your criticisms of the 441 are spurious and down to operator error.  For example I've just tuned to ORD VOR and receive a DME reading.

And, as far as I have experienced, there is no problem with ground handling either. And the route most definitely shows up on the Avidyne.

In general though, surely everyone knows by now that Alabeo/Carenado do not produce aircraft with great system depth. But they do work well enough. If you want more than that systems-wise, purchase the Flysimware product. They also do an excellent series of in-depth Youtube tutorials which has helped me enjoy the Alabeo 441 even more!

Anyone should be careful when using the word spurious because that would mean in your post that you are accusing someone, in your case me, that they are false or fake. I just looked in the mirror and I am not fake, and none of my complaints on Alabeo's C441 are false.

I am not going to re-type all of the problems that I have already posted in this forum about Alabeo's C441. But I will reiterate a few things that are major problems encountered by many people in this forum and others, including other posts in this forum outside of mine, because Alabeo has no customer support. I suggest you read other people's posts in this forum who have legitimate complaints, and after you do that then please elaborate on who the people you refer to as, we.

Operator error you say....

Why do I have to start and taxi with the condition levers all of the way forward instead of keeping them in Start/Taxi to prevent the plane from being a rocket? Many people have this problem but Alabeo ignores us that do as I try to read other forums. Constantly tapping the brakes is not even close to how airplanes taxi when engines are idling, meaning the throttles are at 0%. This is an issue that alot of people have.

If you put the Flight1 GTN750 in the Alabeo C441 as I have, which Alabeo says their C441 fully supports, the NAV2 radio on the Alabeo panel renders no DME reading. This does not happen in any other airplane that I have the GTN750 in. Alabeo knows this because I submitted a ticket with screenshots on this issue after my first few flights and they end up doing nothing to explain or help. All I received in return was, "Thank you for your feedback, we are going to consider these issues to fix it for the next version."  Is it possible that they now realize it does not work now that it has been released. Why does the Nav1 radio in the GTN750 make the Alabeo Nav2 needle point in the direction of the ILS freq? That is not how it is suppose to work.

Customer support at any level from Alabeo on the above issues??? Nope.

You say that Alabeo has an excellent series of in-depth youtube tutorial. So I just went to their website to check and there is only 1 video on the C441 page which is 1:30 long showing some pictures inside and out. If Alabeo has in your words, "excellent series of in-depth youtube tutorials", I would like to see the hyperlink of Alabeo's youtube videos that you say have helped you.

Anyone should be careful when using the word spurious because that would mean in your post that you are accusing someone, in your case me, that they are false or fake.
You say that Alabeo has an excellent series of in-depth youtube tutorial. So I just went to their website to check and there is only 1 video on the C441 page which is 1:30 long showing some pictures inside and out. If Alabeo has in your words, "excellent series of in-depth youtube tutorials", I would like to see the hyperlink of Alabeo's youtube videos that you say have helped you.

1. As a non-native speaker I just learned that "spurious" means something different that I always thought, thank you :)

2. Even as a non-native speaker I'm pretty sure that thefrog's "They" refers to Flysimware and their youtube videos.

I agree, 'Spurious' was the wrong word to use and I apologise. I was referring to Flysimware's series of tutorials on their own C441, which helped me understand the aircraft in general.

Flysimware's C441 is much better in terms of systems, so maybe you could consider purchasing that. The cockpit is much less realistic though, but 'horses for courses' as they say.

• Upvote 1

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

I agree, 'Spurious' was the wrong word to use and I apologise. I was referring to Flysimware's series of tutorials on their own C441, which helped me understand the aircraft in general.

Flysimware's C441 is much better in terms of systems, so maybe you could consider purchasing that. The cockpit is much less realistic though, but 'horses for courses' as they say.

Okay. No problem.