Sign in to follow this  
Muskoka

X-Aviation issues with download resets

Just curious if anyone else has had problems trying to get their download resets sorted out at X-Aviation? I posted last Sunday on their site that I had a watermark in the DC3. It was suggested I had an old version, so I requested a reset through the ticket system, and made it known in my post that a request had been sent. I received notification from the ticket system within 30 seconds, but have not heard, or received anything since. I'm sure I've asked in the past for resets, and not had a issue, other than it sometimes took days.

Today I have twice asked in my original thread over there if someone could reset the DC3 for me as it's now 5 days, and once in a new thread in the DC3 Support section, only to see that all three posts have been deleted? I have no idea what's going on over there, or why my requests are being deleted, but it's getting to be very annoying. I do have screenshots of the posts, so I know they were in the system, and are now deleted.

I paid for the product in 2012, and for the updates, which come with it free of charge, so, as a paying customer I expect a vendor to fulfill their end of the agreement. I have no idea why this isn't happening, and why I'm being forced to ask here if anyone else here has experienced the same?

I've sent a PM to Goran, the designer of the aircraft, asking if he can help in some way, hoping that this issue can be resolved. This is not something paying customers of a product should have to go through. My apologies in advance for having to post this here, but seeing as my requests are being removed/deleted, and un-answered at X-Aviation, I felt the need to ask. For someone retired, and pushing 60 yrs of age, I have better things to do than chance vendors for something that should be so simple. Just reset my downloads, and we all move on, pretty easy if you ask me.

• Upvote 1

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

It seems to be a common problem, so do not feel singled out. I have had problems myself in the past.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

I have several X-Aviation products and I haven't had any problems, but I upgrade my system very infrequently so I don't usually hit activation limits. I have sympathy for legit users who run into this, and I think many of these issues could be resolved if they just raised the activation limits.

Anyway, as I'm sure you know, It's a small outfit so it can sometimes take a while to get a response. In most cases I've seen, there is usually a good outcome. So hang in there. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Go to Their FB page that may work faster - I had to do that

Rich Sennett

Have you submitted more support tickets? A common problem there is users doing this and pushing their request to the bottom of the pile again. I think they do quite clearly say don't do this, but if not, flagging it on FB is often a way to get some sort of response.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Just curious if anyone else has had problems trying to get their download resets sorted out at X-Aviation? I posted last Sunday on their site that I had a watermark in the DC3. It was suggested I had an old version, so I requested a reset through the ticket system, and made it known in my post that a request had been sent. I received notification from the ticket system within 30 seconds, but have not heard, or received anything since. I'm sure I've asked in the past for resets, and not had a issue, other than it sometimes took days.

Today I have twice asked in my original thread over there if someone could reset the DC3 for me as it's now 5 days, and once in a new thread in the DC3 Support section, only to see that all three posts have been deleted? I have no idea what's going on over there, or why my requests are being deleted, but it's getting to be very annoying. I do have screenshots of the posts, so I know they were in the system, and are now deleted.

I paid for the product in 2012, and for the updates, which come with it free of charge, so, as a paying customer I expect a vendor to fulfill their end of the agreement. I have no idea why this isn't happening, and why I'm being forced to ask here if anyone else here has experienced the same?

I've sent a PM to Goran, the designer of the aircraft, asking if he can help in some way, hoping that this issue can be resolved. This is not something paying customers of a product should have to go through. My apologies in advance for having to post this here, but seeing as my requests are being removed/deleted, and un-answered at X-Aviation, I felt the need to ask. For someone retired, and pushing 60 yrs of age, I have better things to do than chance vendors for something that should be so simple. Just reset my downloads, and we all move on, pretty easy if you ask me.

I have the exact same problem as you, only with the IXEG 737. I bought it in June, so 6 months ago. Can't update the IXEG because the links have been removed even though I have at least 2 more downloads to go. Same as you, I contacted them via their system asking for the links to be reinitialized but have yet to hear from them.

Maybe Cameron's on holidays but I would have appreciated a heads up if that's the case.

6 months only for the download on the IXEG is bad, I was shocked by this draconian practice. Wonder why it is less than other products.

I have only submitted one ticket. Sure, people have lives, I get it, but now were past 5 working days for something easy, and nothing has happened. What's odd is my requests for a reset on the forums have been deleted. Why would anyone delete a request from a customer for help, that's just ridiculous, and has been done with intent. Posts just don't disappear by themselves, so someone has decided they shouldn't be visible to others. If someone is deleting posts from the site asking for support, I don't see what good going to a Facebook site will achieve. I appreciate the suggestions, but it all seems a bother for something so simple. I should have been flying the updated version, without the watermark days ago. 

I'll just leave it for now, really not that important. Just wondered if others were experiencing the same, seems to be the case.

• Upvote 1

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

I will only purchase from them if I absolutely have to - I couldnt get serial to register but figured it out myself but not to long after they did respond to me on FB - e-mail - forget it 

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Reset has been received. This can be closed to any further comments.

Reset has been received. This can be closed to any further comments.

Mine have not been reset. I sent a request on January 1st and again yesterday. Did you get an email from them stating they had been reset?

I have the exact same problem as you, only with the IXEG 737. I bought it in June, so 6 months ago. Can't update the IXEG because the links have been removed even though I have at least 2 more downloads to go. Same as you, I contacted them via their system asking for the links to be reinitialized but have yet to hear from them.

Maybe Cameron's on holidays but I would have appreciated a heads up if that's the case.

You can update the IXEG through the sim itself using Gizmo.

I'm currently experiencing the same problem. Trying to reset my download for my ixeg 737 purchase. It's been weeks and still no reset.

Elpidio Sánchez-Marcos

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'm in the same boat, asked for reset 35 days ago and still waiting.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Mine have not been reset. I sent a request on January 1st and again yesterday. Did you get an email from them stating they had been reset?

Yes, I received an email. As stated in my original post, I spoke to Goran, the DC3 developer about the issue, perhaps that expedited things, I don't know. Maybe, as others have stated, visiting the Facebook page may help?