Sign in to follow this  
Muskoka

X-Aviation issues with download resets

Same here with the IXEG. Waitet for 5 days to reset. 3 Posts where deletet without further comment, a PM to Cameron was never answered. This is not what i call a good support.

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

Same here to me waiting more 5 days to reset Maxx FX.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

They will reset but they can be slow to respond. Also avoid asking for activation resets as this can prove difficult if you have already made such a request in the past 6 months. It is disappointing but what can you do? I only purchase from XA if I have no other choice!

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Compared to other vendors, customer support at X-Aviation seems to be a legit issue. I'm reading at various places (different Facebook groups, .org-forum, X-Aviation forum and now here) that people are struggling with activation resets, download reset, etc. Furthermore they're fast in public accusing people of piracy. X-Aviation has some really great products, like the IXEG 737, Saab, DC-3, MU-2, which I have purchased and it really concerns me what could happen if I ever need customer support. Too bad :sad:

• Upvote 5

Find my free liveries for REPped aircraft models on:

banner_c210_1.png

This issue is when you need to reset your pc and do a clean install it creates a new system ID. But this is hardly an excuse to accuse someone of piracy or make a re-activation difficult for the consumer. Obviously if a customer purchased the product they are hardly a pirate. Ive got a long purchase history going back 20 years with some developers and in that entire time only 2 companies has given me grief. The other is no longer in business. Targeting legitimate customers by making re-activation difficult is not the answer to preventing piracy. All that does is turn current customers away from future purchases.

• Upvote 2

Pete Richards

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

This issue is when you need to reset your pc and do a clean install it creates a new system ID. But this is hardly an excuse to accuse someone of piracy or make a re-activation difficult for the consumer. Obviously if a customer purchased the product they are hardly a pirate. Ive got a long purchase history going back 20 years with some developers and in that entire time only 2 companies has given me grief. The other is no longer in business. Targeting legitimate customers by making re-activation difficult is not the answer to preventing piracy. All that does is turn current customers away from future purchases.

actually afaik a reinstall doesnt make the new system id, it happens when you change key factors, ram/cpu/operating system etc.

that being said i am not defending anybody here.

actually afaik a reinstall doesnt make the new system id, it happens when you change key factors, ram/cpu/operating system etc.

that being said i am not defending anybody here.

Even reinstalling the OS on another drive that's already in your PC will trigger a new System ID. I don't go more then about 6 months without adding a new upgrades to my system or reinstalling the OS so my ID constantly changes.

Pete Richards

I never had problems with xa btw. Most issues get resolved timely. It just feels sometimes like you have to consider yourself lucky to be their customer instead of the other way around.

Can't describe the feeling i get when browsing their forums any better than that.

A shame, because they market some good stuff.

• Upvote 4

-Roland

Even reinstalling the OS on another drive that's already in your PC will trigger a new System ID. I don't go more then about 6 months without adding a new upgrades to my system or reinstalling the OS so my ID constantly changes.

It seems that even a Windows 10 update to build 1607 triggered a new system ID, I guess. At least I had to re-activate my X-Aviation products. Since I had big stability issues with this build I had to go back to build 1511. Again I had to re-activate my X-Aviation products. Luckily I had enough activation slots for this procedure.

Find my free liveries for REPped aircraft models on:

banner_c210_1.png

X-Aviation has a fair few quirks (putting it very mildly), and I'd rather not deal with the place as a whole, and it is a real pity that they have some great products (IXEG 737, LES Saab 340) but questionable practices, like too much DRM: I mean, a simple key- or account-based activation is fine, but limiting downloads and deleting forum threads asking for help is pushing it. If one has got the time to find and delete forum threads that ask for a raise of activation limits and to reset the activation links for a user, then they definitely have got the time to actually reset the activation limits and answer the forum thread with a simple 'your activation limits have been reset, sorry for the inconvenience' and then lock the thread.

I experienced this (my own thread here was locked a while ago after it derailed into something else altogether) : forcing people to install their products where they, the devs, want the product to be—this reeks of early 2000s mentality. I have Steam and GOG, and both let users install the clients and the games themselves wherever the heck they want, and they still run properly. It is a mark of modernity (and sophistication) that an application on a given device is entirely self-contained: it doesn't rely on external libraries installed elsewhere for it to run; it doesn't not run (or tend to not run properly, as the devs of the IXEG have put it) when installed in a different location than the default. I can only say thank goodness for symlinks, and thank goodness for the fact that X-Plane itself is modern, as I've defined above.

I've grit my teeth and moved on even though I still don't agree with this sort of thing because the IXEG is still a great product, and even if the publishers have questionable practices. This wouldn't be allowed in the AAA world, but it is, in the FS market, because the consumer profile is very different: there are lots of forty-, fifty-, sixty-something-year-old people with equally old-fashioned mentalities, while the AAA market is aimed at people who are roughly a generation younger.

• Upvote 3

this is one of the reasons i did not buy the sky maxx pro 4 upgrade, i was thankful that x-enviro came along, i myself have had to wait for activation resets for my products. i change hardware often. this became very aggravating. the key here is to only put one support ticket in and wait for a respond. i own several products from them but after all the problems with wait times for activations, i only use the ixeg 737 from them. now i try to be very careful with my activations. i will not buy anymore products from x-aviation. great products, but horrible customer support. i also got into an email dispute a year ago over sending multiple tickets. but come on waiting over 5 days, you just want to put another support ticket in. if i decide to buy the 7700k, i am gonna be fighting this issue again.best suggestion, stay away from them unless you must have one of there products. i would like to add, x-aviations products are some of the best on the market overall, i am glad they have stuck with x-plane development.

this is one of the reasons i did not buy the sky maxx pro 4 upgrade, i was thankful that x-enviro came along, i myself have had to wait for activation resets for my products. i change hardware often. this became very aggravating. the key here is to only put one support ticket in and wait for a respond. i own several products from them but after all the problems with wait times for activations, i only use the ixeg 737 from them. now i try to be very careful with my activations. i will not buy anymore products from x-aviation. great products, but horrible customer support. i also got into an email dispute a year ago over sending multiple tickets. but come on waiting over 5 days, you just want to put another support ticket in. if i decide to buy the 7700k, i am gonna be fighting this issue again.best suggestion, stay away from them unless you must have one of there products. i would like to add, x-aviations products are some of the best on the market overall, i am glad they have stuck with x-plane development.

I will continue to purchase certain products from XA as I simply can't go without a number of products only available from them. At the end of the day it is what it is. My recommendations are 1. Back up copies. 2. Limit requests to the absolute minimum.

Pete Richards

It seems that even a Windows 10 update to build 1607 triggered a new system ID, I guess. At least I had to re-activate my X-Aviation products. Since I had big stability issues with this build I had to go back to build 1511. Again I had to re-activate my X-Aviation products. Luckily I had enough activation slots for this procedure.

Turning hyperthreading on or off in the BIOS will change your system ID.

I asked for a reactivation for my saab some time ago. No response. Will never buy there again....

• Upvote 1