Sign in to follow this  
Tony P

External Panning question

Will there ever be an option to pan around the aircraft in outside view with the joystick hat switch ??

Please let me know.

Tony

There are 2 ways you could go about doing that.

1. Create an Outside view with the Track Aircraft feature found in the Advanced tab
  2. Go in spot view directly and move around using the hat switch or any buttons you assigned in ChasePlane to move the camera.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven,

Having trouble locating the Track Aircraft feature.  Can you walk me through ?

1. Make sure you are running Alpha 1.5 (0.1.5xx)
  2. Go in the Camera page
  3. Go to the Advanced tab
  4. On right right, you have a myriad of options for the currently loaded preset (including Track Aircraft)

Hope it helps!

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

0.1.94 Alpha is my version and don't see that option?

Enable (or re-enable) Experimental Version from ChasePlane's Preferences

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

First I want to say I love your app and can't live without it now that I've used it.

One thing I can't figure out is how to create an outside view that circles the aircraft when I pan 360 degrees like the default P3D locked spot would do when I panned.

What am I missing?

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Hi Joe,

In Alpha 1.5, you can use the sim's Locked Spot view and move around using your ChasePlane control assignments.

Alternatively, in Alpha 1.5, you can enable Track Aircraft in the preset's Advanced settings to point the camera toward the aircraft.

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

In Alpha 1.5, you can use the sim's Locked Spot view and move around using your ChasePlane control assignments.

Is there a way of setting the panning speed in the sim's (Locked) Spot view?

Is there a way of setting the panning speed in the sim's (Locked) Spot view?

Not yet but we are looking into ways of making it possible to adjust the pan speed in those camera modes

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Joe,

Alternatively, in Alpha 1.5, you can enable Track Aircraft in the preset's Advanced settings to point the camera toward the aircraft.

Regards,

Keven

Keven

I see that locked spot outside still works but it cannot be integrated into my preset order and runs separate from Chase Plane presets and assignments. I knew about the Track Aircraft option and use it but that doesn't allow the panning function.

What I am curious about is; will Chase Plane ever enable a function identical to Locked Spot Outside that will place the aircraft in the center of view and rotate around that fixed position when panning 360 i.e. what P3D locked spot does? I would like this as one of my presets so I can incorporate it as I desire into my assigned buttons and "next view previous view" setups.

Thanks in advance

Joe

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Keven

I know this is a different question but I now have the zoom readout in the upper right hand corner and it won't fade away as before.

Now it reads:

Cockpit View

On Board (Chase Plane)

0.60 Zoom

and it doesn't disappear. The outside views zoom reading transitions away as it should. I checked my config file and the transition time is still there and set to where I had it. Any idea why the zoom message that was altered by Chase Plane will not disappear in cockpit view anymore?

Joe