Sign in to follow this  
allergiecheck

Don´t use Game mode on Samsung 4K TV´s

Quickly want to share an experience I have made yesterday:

I have been using a 4K TV screening from Samsung for a while, and since P3D is kind of a game, I used the "Game Mode" in the Samsung setting. Just out of curiosity, I tried another mode yesterday (cinema) and voila - P3D runs MUCH smoother (in 30Hz), which can easily be confirmed when using a camera tool like ChasePlane.

So I would recommend that the Game Mode is NOT used for P3D. But maybe I am the only silly guy here who used that mode  :fool:

"Game Mode" means no picture improvements, filter etc... normally optimal setting for games/consoles.

Hi,

i am running a 40 inch 4K Samsung television in game mode , at 30 Hz for a year now with absolutely no problems , no lag at all, no stuttering , absolutely fluid .

But thanks for sharing , maybe there are people who are having these problems and who benefit with this .

Settings were made as in this link :

https://hardforum.com/threads/2015-samsung-4k-tv-as-a-monitor-set-up-guide.1869675/

Game mode turns off the tv processing etc to improve lag time and make the tv more like a giant monitor. To tell others not to use this is wrong information!

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Game mode turns off the tv processing etc to improve lag time and make the tv more like a giant monitor. To tell others not to use this is wrong information!

Ok, maybe my headline was too harsh...I apologize  :wink:

At least on the TV model I am using, Game mode performs much worse than  normal mode.

All things that entertain and teach are called: game. Because playing is the only way to learn. A scientist plays with his different tests. A person plays with their feelings. A pilot plays with his plane to transport people. I write this because from time to time there are people who try to convince us otherwise. Prepar3d is a wonderful GAME and we all are playing it.

​thansk, and sorry allergiecheck for my intrusión. (i was Reading your post but There were some "No-game" people who interrupted the subject)

​hehehe

holds for all and a Little more humor!:)

• Upvote 1

At least on the TV model I am using, Game mode performs much worse than normal mode.

+1 Thomas

More options to tune screen. 30hz, no lag or stutters.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Hi Thomas.

Two things I found interesting when switching from "Game Mode" to "Cinema" or "Sport" mode.

First I was able to turn OFF the Super Resolution setting which greatly improved the anti-aliasing. With this setting enabled I

was experiencing unacceptable levels of aliasing...shimmers etc.

Second and most important was turning ON the de-judder function to it's MAX setting. Now when I pan the cameras I don't get the horrible

edge-stutter-lag, (not to be confused with long frames). 

Smooth panning with improved lighting.

Great topic and thank you!

Greg

Now when I pan the cameras I don't get the horrible

edge-stutter-lag, (not to be confused with long frames). 

Smooth panning with improved lighting.

You are welcome Greg!

I guess the game mode is more suitable when flying at 60Hz refresh rate.

Thomas

Hi,

i am running a 40 inch 4K Samsung television in game mode , at 30 Hz for a year now with absolutely no problems , no lag at all, no stuttering , absolutely fluid .

But thanks for sharing , maybe there are people who are having these problems and who benefit with this .

Settings were made as in this link :

https://hardforum.com/threads/2015-samsung-4k-tv-as-a-monitor-set-up-guide.1869675/

Thanks for the link, very interesting information there!

I tried again Game mode with the settings described there, but with 30 Hz refresh rate this mode seems to be less suitable for P3D then normal PC mode, at least for me.