Sign in to follow this  
Kenzo

PMDG 747 V3 landing at Kai Tak

Not my video, found it on youtube and hadn't seen it posted here. If it is already posted, please feel free to delete this topic. There are a lot more video's of the 744v3 on this channel.

https://youtu.be/uq_Gj7iwNo4

Can't wait to land it myself at FlyTampa Kai Tak! :smile:

• Upvote 2

sig1.png
sig2.png

Very nice..I was really liking how when you turn base to final and you were perfectly lined up on the VASI to land.

Very nice..I was really liking how when you turn base to final and you were perfectly lined up on the VASI to land.

again (unfortunately) not my video. Cant wait till I can do this approach myself though.

sig1.png
sig2.png

I have a question actually. The extra engine. Is that an additional model to the 747 range (in terms of how you select it in FSX/P3D) or a FMS 'option'? If it's an option, that's incredibly impressive from a development standpoint!

I have a question actually. The extra engine. Is that an additional model to the 747 range (in terms of how you select it in FSX/P3D) or a FMS 'option'? If it's an option, that's incredibly impressive from a development standpoint!

Option that's selectable through the CDU. You'll see associated changes on the performance pages, and in other spots, too.

Kyle Rodgers

The actual switch which modifies the behaviour of the FMC and the PFD airspeed tape indications (and puts a  memo message on EICAS) is found in the Main Equipment Centre below the cabin floor.

It was my understanding, from manuals, that the selection of this switch to the 5th Pod position inhibits the auto-population of V speeds on the Takeoff Ref page (they must be entered manually), but sets up VNAV with certain climb/cruise/descent parameters. The pilot seemed to be entering the climb values manually. Experts?

Was that video created by a real pilot? The preflight flow seemed very natural. I don't understand, though, why:

1) The APU start source selector was moved to BAT

2) Two engines were started at the same time (risky with manual start).

3) He didn't request the printer paper roll to be replaced :Tounge: (still)

Also, the simulated 1st Observer should probably have deselected the C VHF system on his audio selector panel with ACARS in use :wink: 

Technical oddities:

1) There seems to be no significant drain on the APU battery during the Standby Power test. Normally it's similar to the Main Battery (give or take 10 or 15 amps). Also, the EICAS message for the battery discharge took way too long to appear. Minus 2 amps (APU value) should not generate an EICAS message. Freighter values may vary from passenger values because of different electrical system loads.

2) ANTISKID OFF message in view during preflight (Normally, you'd have to have a failure to see this... or the aircraft was running on, say, Standby Power only)

3) A/T goes into HOLD mode during takeoff run too late i.e. 80kts (previously mentioned). The manuals say 65kts (give or take a few knots)

Having said that... it's definitely one of the best 744 simulators (almost) available :wink: Very impressive )))

Cheers

John H Watson.

only on RR engines ...

Option that's selectable through the CDU. You'll see associated changes on the performance pages, and in other spots, too.

Thanks Kyle. 

Honestly, that must be a pretty big thing in flight sim development. To be able to change all of that with a click of a button real time is incredible. 

Hi Folks,

It's always good to see this approach.  Myself, having done it several times in marginal weather in real life.

I did not care for the small outside view, to me it makes it look like a simulator approach.

Normally, there is a lot laundry hanging to dry, and blowing in the wind..  The first thing you do after landing is check the gear to see if you picked up any clothes, or, laundry, really no joke.

Jerry Friz

• Upvote 2

RR engines are so slim, I don't see how they can be high bypass...

spacer.png

In the "About" section of the channel

"A preview of PMDG's 747-400 simulation, currently in beta testing.

I am not a pilot. Do not use for flight. Comments and likes/dislikes are disabled. Take any discussions to the AVSIM PMDG Forum. Generally speaking, passive testing is conducted in these videos using Normal and Supplementary Procedures; adherence to procedures not assured."

Brian Nellis