Sign in to follow this  
Kenzo

PMDG 747 V3 landing at Kai Tak

LNAV was acting really strange in this video...(I know this probably isn't a bug -- just found it kinda funny :P ).

Well the real thing doesn't do that so I assume it is. The 777 will do that occasionally but it has never affected how the plane flies so I've just ignored it.

RR engines are so slim, I don't see how they can be high bypass...

Just big enough for the average engineer to squeeze between the core and the cowls... :Tounge:

HighBypass.JPG

Cheers

John  H Watson

2) Two engines were started at the same time (risky with manual start).

AFAIK this is specific for the RR engines also, so standard ops rather than risky. I remember reading about this somewhere way back.

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

AFAIK this is specific for the RR engines also, so standard ops rather than risky. I remember reading about this somewhere way back.

I'm going by what I read in my old airline's FCOM that only one at a time is allowed. You can't possibly safely monitor two engines at once manually if they are doing different things. e.g. one has a hot start and the other has, say, a starter cutout message.

The manual does have the words "The autostart switch may stay OFF between manual starts when more than one engine is to be started manually", but it doesn't mean you can start them at the same time.

Perhaps this is what you read?

Cheers

John H Watson

Thanks for the link to the video. This is a good-looking aircraft!  :smile:

Hi Folks,

It's always good to see this approach.  Myself, having done it several times in marginal weather in real life.

I did not care for the small outside view, to me it makes it look like a simulator approach.

Normally, there is a lot laundry hanging to dry, and blowing in the wind..  The first thing you do after landing is check the gear to see if you picked up any clothes, or, laundry, really no joke.

Jerry Friz

Did you also check the right wingtip?

As John says, two at a time with autostart is perfectly normal. If you are not using autostart then one at a time for the reasons outlined.

Soon? I hope this is not a year away.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png