Hi, i have the problem that some cloud layers appears as black polygons. not always but a few times.

i use fsx without dx10! all service packs for fsx and updates for as16 and asca installed.

any solution?

regards

Marco

Marco,

Could you post a screen capture of exactly what your issue is? 

Thanks! 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

if it happens again i will make a pic. for me it looks like that texture is missing for a special cloud layer. i think it depends on the weather, it happened maybe 3 times since i have as16.

Hi Marco,

It looks like it could either be a shader issue or settings are too high.  To clear your shader cache navigate to C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX and clear the contents of the folder.

If that does not fix the issue then you will have to do a repair of the ShadersHLSL folder and once again clear the shader cache.

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Robert,

I had this same FSX issue for the first time today.  It did not alter my flight or stop it and the graphics returned to

normal after I moved out of the Denmark area.  I think I know how to clear the shader cache folders;  however

I do not know how to repair the ShadersHLSL folder.  How is this accomplished ?  I'd like to try it.

Screen caps at link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gbith46j4b0c0cb/AAA_ByDRhG26xQszcIVj0oWNa?dl=0

Thank you,

Ken Boardman

Ken Boardman

Hi Ken,

Here is a link to download the original folder:

In the post above you will see a post by Jim Skorna advising a repair.

\Robert Hamlich/

Many thanks for the link Robert.

Best regards,

Ken

Ken Boardman