Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

X-Aviation has seemed to retreat into forum 'run silent, run deep'...

We're not done adding features to v4. So, in the event you like something that comes about after the initial upgrade window is up, you will ultimately have spent more.

There's some pretty cool things planned on the roadmap, but if that doesn't bother you and you're happy with what you have...great! :)

Its great to know you are adding more features Cameron, I don't mind paying the full price as long as what Im getting suits my needs.  We'll see.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

We're not done adding features to v4. So, in the event you like something that comes about after the initial upgrade window is up, you will ultimately have spent more.

There's some pretty cool things planned on the roadmap, but if that doesn't bother you and you're happy with what you have...great! :)

please tell more

please tell more

Any announcements will be made at the proper time. This thread won't be it!

Founder of X-Aviation

Any announcements will be made at the proper time. This thread won't be it!

Ha, I couldn't agree more.... silly thread to begin with and totally inappropriate.  Since when do we start calling out developers here by name when they haven't been active to this particular forum in whatever time frame you personally deem proper?  Diarrhea of the keyboard is all I see.

Best of luck and thank you for what you do for our community.

And yes, I do currently use Xenviro and have previously used SMP.  We all know neither are perfect.

Thanks, Allen!

And yes, I do currently use Xenviro and have previously used SMP.  We all know neither are perfect.

Enjoy xEnviro! :)

Founder of X-Aviation

Ha, I couldn't agree more.... silly thread to begin with and totally inappropriate.  Since when do we start calling out developers here by name when they haven't been active to this particular forum in whatever time frame you personally deem proper?  Diarrhea of the keyboard is all I see.

+1 The thread is completely pointless! I think author is stirring the pot.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

The truth is I don't really visit this forum. The only times I will is immediately after a release because people have a tendency to seek support in various forums they should not be. Additionally, I have no business responding to xEnviro threads, or even trying to "compete" with them.

I don't think we made any mistakes at all. SkyMaxx Pro v4 broke release day sales records for any product we've ever sold. Additionally, it continues to outpace daily sales and projections of any previous versions of SkyMaxx Pro.

I don't buy into the whole "XP 11" increases our sales figures thing. A bunch of rubbish in my opinion, and had zero bearing as to our release timing or decisions.

Again, as I stated above. It's also been Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years in the span of release time. I greatly value time with my family during this time of year.

Precisely!

All this said, xEnviro is what it is, and some people will like it, some people won't. The same goes for SkyMaxx Pro. Our product is used in the major corporate scene by the "big boys" of aviation, including NASA, Boeing, Air Force, etc, and they have very strict standards for training requirements. The flight simulation hobby market tends to have so many people wanting polar opposites of things that none of the reactions here surprise me. It also won't surprise me when people flip flop between xEnviro and SkyMaxx. xEnviro is the new kid on the block, and people always are seeking something new. The forums are not a good indicator to the market. These places are traditionally filled with negativity towards a product or service, but the vast majority of happy customers do not take part in forums or social media.

Go with whatever makes you happiest while you fly. I am here to put an end to this theory that xEnviro has somehow been a doom and gloom for us though. It couldn't possibly be farther from the truth. :)

Noted, Cameron, and good to read from you, glad that as a company, things are a good stats quo.  While I like, as anybody might, competition of a specified product, I do not like any one company having a monopoly upon a genre.  So, again, I will always be interested to see any weather engine releases, you folks make mention of into the future of the hobby.

Cheers,

Mitch

Ah..good to see you expressing your opinion and take on things, forum wise. I hold a differing opinion.  Call out?  You come as from confrontational. I come from wondering outloud.  You didn't have to contribute to the thread. You did...right?  You made a decision to contribute? Right?  I did as well, but to the forum.  Thanks for posting. 

You choose to post: 'Diarrhea of the keyboard is all I see.'

Yes, I could label the same to your response to my O.P.     I won't though...for we all express opinions within the forum.  Mine could be as non-diarrheatict as yours....unless you hold your opinions as some forum quantum where all shall be personally judged.

I don't for anybody else. I read them, and then carry on down the thread.

Mitch

I will give SMP4 a go. I have enjoyed the previous offerings of this product.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

+1 The thread is completely pointless! I think author is stirring the pot.

Stirring what pot?  What pot are you referring to?  :hi:

But anyways, I was wondering what happened to the input of the product, by the company, and the dev, upon this forum, and they responded to me. My thoughts upon the matter are satisfied. Thanks.

I would sure be nice to see that roadmap before I shell out more money.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

xEnviro took X-Plane's weather to the next level. Competition is all good for the simmer, let's see how this develops > no pun intended <   O_o

My thoughts upon the matter are satisfied. Thanks.

...and on that note, it's time to close this topic.