Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

REX/MILVIZ Weather Radar not working ?

Hi Folks,

I downloaded both the latest update to the REX/MilViz Weather Radar and the latest P3Dv3 client - last night - installed same... I now have an error from what appears to the the MV weather DLL on startup and whenever I select an aircraft with the radar installed - and the radar never sees any weather... Is there an incompatibility issue between the two ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hello Scott,

when I updated to latest P3D client last month

have been waiting for WX Radar hotfix and last nite

I installed it with no problems

Tony

Hi Tony,

Hmm - yeah - I've been holding off on upgrading P3D because I was waiting on Radar compatibility - noticed the radar updated last night so I figured I was good to go - let me try installing it again...

Thanks for responding...

Regards,

Scott

You'll need to update to the latest version of P3D.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Hi Colin,

I have the latest client - do I need to update the rest ?

Capture_zpsaad2ggou.jpg

Regards,

Scott

Only the client. You may want to double check the version number of the weather dll in your sim directory though to make sure it matches the product version.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Hi guys!

I've the same problem with both my FSX-SE and P3D V3.4.18! I opened a topic on the forum at REX waiting for a answer.

Cheers

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Hi Folks,

Yeah - I've completely removed and installed the MilViz/REX radar package as well - then went back through all the upgrades via the updater... No joy...

I had tried to build an account on the REX forum a while back - seemed like a real hassle and I never did get in...

Who is the official support - MilViz or REX ???

Where does that DLL reside ?

Here is the message the DLL throws:

Capture_zpstzrah6o1.jpg

Regards,

Scott

Thanks Pat - let me look...

:wink:

Regards,

Scott

Hi Folks,

Old DLL - think the auto updater might have an issue - downloaded and installed manually and all good again...

Thanks one and all...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Folks,

Old DLL - think the auto updater might have an issue - downloaded and installed manually and all good again...

Thanks one and all...

Regards,

Scott

I tried a manual install but I get the same error, so it's not the auto updater! By the way the process to uninstall the wx rdr on all the planes you installed it, before to remove the SP1 fix is a real pain in the a.s  :mad:

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

I had that same problem till I updated to the latest version of Prepared it's all good now

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

Hi Pat,

Sorry for the issues... I just ignore the window to uninstall from aircraft and close it - the uninstaller will continue...When you run the uninstall - watch your "modules" folder and make sure the DLL goes away - also note the date on the DLL.... Then when you install manually - note the installation location - as it didn't find my P3D setup and defaulted to C: - - - I had to manually select my F: drive to install to the proper location - and - the updated DLL appeared... Worked fine after that...

Regards,
Scott 

Yes I checked that both dll(in the gauges and modules folders of FSX-SE and P3D) go away, but I got invariably the error when I restart FSX and P3D. I waiting for some help on the Rex forum and I can see I'm not alone with this error :wink:

Cheers

Pat

• Upvote 1

Patrick Mussotte