Sign in to follow this  
Cats

Searching for WW2 Pacific Airfields

Fellow Simmers,

An old grumpy archaic man is searching for airfields for FS9 that were/are located in the Pacific theater of WW2. I have what I need on the European front but am struggling with the Pacific. Any help would be appreciated!

And yes I am still using FS9 due to the fact that my wife said she would be in court for a homicide charge if I changed!!!!

My best,

"Cats"

Go to SimOuthouse and you will find a treasure trove of WWII aircraft and a few Pacific sceneries for FS9. There's Vella Lavella and Peleliu and at least one other than I can't remember.

And yes I am still using FS9 due to the fact that my wife said she would be in court for a homicide charge if I changed!!!!

There you go. Thats the best reason to keep simming fs9. All those other reasons like good frame rates and no CTD's are nonsense.

"Cats" - I may have steered you a little bit off course. It's been a long time since I did my WWII setup for FS9. I still have it on the hard drive and every now and then I crank it up, but I did the work on this so long ago that it's hard to remember where some of it came from. To make things worse, I have "tweaked" it all a lot so in some cases the original work formed a starting point which I then radically modified....

The Vella Lavella and Borokina airfields I believe came with a donation-ware F4U Corsair which I am pretty sure I got from Sim-Outhouse.

. What I referred to as "Peleliu" is in fact Palau. I also have a Wake Island scenery that I have no idea where it originally came from but by removing the components of the modern era base and using objects I found in various places, I have turned it into a "typical" atoll WWII base.

I wish I could point you to a single location where you could get all this stuff but sadly I can't. The only bases that come pretty much "ready to go" in a single download is the F4U donation-ware download.

The good news is it can be done. The bad news is that it might take a lot of searching and using various utilities to place WWII objects in the right locations.

Setting up AI is a bit of the same. There's very few AI WWII aircraft available but lots and lots of great stuff that with a bit of modifying will give you some very busy Pacific war era traffic.

Sorry if I got your hopes up too much.... As I said, I did all of this a long time ago and had forgotten how much time I put into it and where I got all the bits and pieces. If you're still interested in pursuing this, send me a PM with your email address and I'll try to put a list together of what I've got and where I think I found it all

Ian