Sign in to follow this  
dvasi

Undocking window in X-Plane 11

Is there a way to undock the windows of GNS430 and 530 and drag them into a second monitor?
Thanks for the answer

Hi,

For now, this feature is internal to XP11 and not accessible to third party developers. Once the XP11 SDK documents the support for the new 'floating window' feature, there is no reasons we won't implement this as well!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you, Jean-Luc.

Works fine for me just click on the GNS430 and 530 to expand them then hover your mouse over the top right corner and you will see a square appear, click on this to make it undock and it can be moved to a second monitor, simples :-)

Works fine for me just click on the GNS430 and 530

You might be referring to the stock GPS popup windows. This feature is not currently opened to third party developers. Once we get the SDK updated, with the information, we'll definitely implement this!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Got it open in X-plane 11 not in X-plane 10... i supposed the new SDK for X-plane 10 would correct it?

he new SDK for X-plane 10

did you mean for X-Plane 11?

did you mean for X-Plane 11?

Was talking about the stock GNS530 in Xplane 10... I just purchased the reality XP GNS530 v2, hopefully soon the SDK will be updated so I can unlock the window for the 530 and move outside xplane 11 to my Emuteq 530 hardware screen.  When can we expect the new SDK release?    

I'd guess not until they release XP11 final. Once there, they'll certainly start working on updating the XP11 SDK and docs, and from there, we'll see if they open the feature to 3rd party devs.

Curious if there is an update on status here. I paid for the GTN several months ago and so far it is unusable in my cockpit due to the inability for it to render on a second screen. I understand this is an SDK issue, but I was curious as to any expectation of timeline or other workaround. Thanks.

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

I've just posted in another forum about this: as long as the SDK is not updated to offer this feature to third party vendors, we all (including us) have to wait for the feature. As soon as the SDK gets updated, we'll try our best to implement this!

Hello, I have a question here... I know that PFC is selling a stand alone 530 unit that use Reality XP and works with XPLANE. If not possible undock it, how are they doing that?

Hi, if I'm not mistaken, their professional simulators use multi-monitors mode and cleaver use of the screen space.

Please be patient, the XPlane developers are in the process of updating the SDK for XP11. Once the SDK is available, this will take us closer to the detachable windows feature.

On 4/18/2017 at 1:40 PM, myanezt said:

Hello, I have a question here... I know that PFC is selling a stand alone 530 unit that use Reality XP and works with XPLANE. If not possible undock it, how are they doing that?

Is this something too complicated to implement as a work around until the SDK is updated ?

On April 28, 2017 at 11:46 AM, s3c70r said:

too complicated to implemen

It is no so much a matter of complexity, much more a matter of standardization. Especially because LR has hinted they'll certainly enhance their engine with Vulkan/Metal, we don't want to take a route which will prove incompatible in the future, and our products are also developed for the FSim platforms.