Sign in to follow this  
dgibbens0708

Working B777 Freeware?

Th

If you look under My Documents folder,  you should find a folder named "Rikoooo Add-ons/Boeing 777-200ER Ultimate Pack/fmc docs". There are three files there to help.

Warren

Thanks Warren!  Found the docs... very detailed and will take some time to read completely and learn to use.  Great level of immersion. However, all of the instructions show the FMS already up and displayed with instructions how to use it.  I don't see anything that tells how to pull up the FMS display.  Is there a hotkey assignment?

Dirk

Thanks Warren!  Found the docs... very detailed and will take some time to read completely and learn to use.  Great level of immersion. However, all of the instructions show the FMS already up and displayed with instructions how to use it.  I don't see anything that tells how to pull up the FMS display.  Is there a hotkey assignment

If memory recalls, you have to access the FMC via 2D panel.  Also, if you're not familiar with how to use the fmc, just watch one of the hundreds of PMDG 777 FMC tutorials.  

• Upvote 1

Matt King

Thanks Dave and Matt, I finally found the problem.

I'm using FSX-SE and therefore I selected the FSX-SE option in the installer, so it created a new folder called FSX-SE and put the edit  for the dll.xml in that folder. My default dll.xml is actually in a FSX named folder.

So, after re-installing and choosing FSX (who would have thought?) as my default flightsim folder, it edited the dll.xml correctly.

All seems to be working now, but not thoroughly tested it yet.

Cheers guys,

Warren

Warren... I followed your instructions and uninstalled from FSXSE and re-installed to FSX, and voila!  FMC is up and operational.

Thanks to all for your help!  This is truly an awesome package and I look forward to the hours studying the docs, watching tutorials and learning to fly this 777.  I may start with the sample flight that is in the documentation.

Thanks again to all!  What an awesome group of fellow sim-enthusiasts!

Thanks Warren!  Found the docs... very detailed and will take some time to read completely and learn to use.  Great level of immersion. However, all of the instructions show the FMS already up and displayed with instructions how to use it.  I don't see anything that tells how to pull up the FMS display.  Is there a hotkey assignment?

Dirk

Hi Dirk,

The easiest way I find to bring up the FMS is to hit "Shift +9" (9 on the top row of numbers, not the keypad). It brings up a row of icons, the FMC is the left one. If it doesn't come up with the VC, try it with the 2D panel.

You can probably find it under the views/cockpit options along the top too.

I keep the icon row showing when flying, makes it easy to access all of the sub-panels, especially when flying with the VC.

Warren

Warren

Hi Dirk,

The easiest way I find to bring up the FMS is to hit "Shift +9" (9 on the top row of numbers, not the keypad). It brings up a row of icons, the FMC is the left one. If it doesn't come up with the VC, try it with the 2D panel.

You can probably find it under the views/cockpit options along the top too.

I keep the icon row showing when flying, makes it easy to access all of the sub-panels, especially when flying with the VC.

Warren

Thanks Warren.  At first I thought FMC was supposed to come up automatically in 2D mode, which would have been disappointing since I like to fly exclusively in VC whenever possible.  I finally stumbled on the Shift+9 to bring up the little icon panel as well and saw that's where to launch the FMC.  Great stuff.

Dirk

Dirk

Hello! I know this thread is a little bit old, but I'm trying to fly this awesome airplane and I'm having the same issue with the VC, I use Prepar3D and don't know if this problem should be solved diferently in this sim, but so far I have tried all the solutions posted and none of them worked...