Sign in to follow this  
smoothchat

Tilt and Pan issues with Xbox controller

************Solved **************

The sim was assigning the xbox controller.  I just had to delete all the xbox axis assignments in the sim.

----------------------------

I'm not sure if this has already been reported, but when I activate an XBox controller, chase plane immediately uses the Xbox right controller hat for pan and tilt, even tho it wasn't assigned.

None of the xbox buttons or axis have been assigned, yet ChasePlane behaves as tho the tilt and pan functions HAVE been assigned. 

I am using the experimental version, but I think it also happens in the main alpha.

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

There was a big issue in previous versions, but looks like this is fixed in 547.

Have you tried 'Reste Controls'.

I have just setup my Xbox controller and everything works spot on now in 547.

Also make sure that you have deactivated ALL  assignments in the SIM.  The SIm will assign these everytime you start up.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Guest Mik75

The Xbox controller works flawlessly for me.

But after moving the camera with the analog sticks, the view keeps drifting into one direction very slowly. I have to try to center the stick very carefully to stop this motion.

Anyone else having this issue too?

Hi Michael

have you tried changing the 'Dead Zone' for that axis?

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

It was the sim.  I just deleted the xbox axis assignments in the sim and the issues went away.

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

Guest Mik75

Hi Michael

have you tried changing the 'Dead Zone' for that axis?

How can I change the dead zone? It's a new Microsoft Xbox controller with the original driver.

When you 'add' an AXIS  you will see a red' box and a small arrow, you can clcik and drag that to make the red box larger or smaller

I found the 'default' works well.

Also make sure that when you load the SIM that the xbox assignments have not been added back in  :wink:

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Guest Mik75

When you 'add' an AXIS  you will see a red' box and a small arrow, you can clcik and drag that to make the red box larger or smaller

I found the 'default' works well.

Also make sure that when you load the SIM that the xbox assignments have not been added back in  :wink:

Ok, cool, never noticed that. Thanks a lot!

But that only appears on assigning a new axis?

Ok, cool, never noticed that. Thanks a lot!

But that only appears on assigning a new axis?

Correct

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image