Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

SSD partition question

Hi

I have an SSD (no HDD) partitioned into two - it's a long story but that's the way it is.

C is running out of space (Win 7 installed on C together with FSX) and D is unused.

Is it possible to expand the C partition or even eliminate the D part so that the whole SSD is just C - without having to go through the whole uninstall/re-install hassle?

As you can probably guess from my question, my computer skills are zero. I can turn it on and off - and that's about it.  If anyone is kind enough to reply, I'd be grateful if you'd answer in layman's terms :-)

Thanks.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Hi Gavin,

Yep - if the space on D: is unused - you should have no issue - Win10 ?

This isn't step by step - merely an overview - just going from memory - take with a grain of salt and be sure of what you're doing before committing changes - as you can destroy your data if not done properly...

Right click on My Computer - select "Manage"....

Then select "Storage/Disk Management" to get in the tool...

You should delete your D: partition and when the space is unallocated - you should be able to add it to your C: partition...

You use the tool by clicking on space/partitions to select - then right click for options...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Scott

Thanks for getting back to me.  No, not Win 10, Win 7.

Unfortunately I can't be sure of what I'm doing because I'm not really a computer expert and I really want to avoid destroying my data on C.  Which isn't meant to sound in any way ungrateful for your advice - I hope you understand :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)