Sign in to follow this  
ludo1426

G1000 for Home Cockpit

Hello Everyone,

I'm making a home Cockpit for Cessna 172/182/206 and I would like to make a G1000 Glass Cokpit.

I would like to have your advice on the Soft for the G1000 :

- Project Magenta (qCompatible with P3D and X-Plane)

- Mindstar (Seems good and not expensive).

- Flight 1.

What do you think ? Have you ever tried these softs ?

What your experience with them ?

Are they regularily updated ?

Thanks

Ludo

I own the flight1tech G1000 with the Emuteq hardware, which I would highly recommend! To my knowledge, it has far more features than the Mindstar version. You need however invest quite some money for both the hardware and the G1000 student software. You also should invest in a second PC (low cost) for the panel.

To implement the standby gauges, I use the Simplugins software on a small touchscreen.

BUT: I have to admit - I do not use it anymore, simply because you cannot use high fidelity aircrafts like A2A Cessnas with them, And flying with default aircraft models is simply not exciting on the long run, even with the impressive G1000 solution.

Meanwhile I use the a big TV screen and stay with analog gauges, the immersion is much better in a 3D cockpit compared to the 2D cockpit with the extra G1000 Panel.

But again, it works really great  and if you go further than me and also build cockpit walls, a pilot seat, 240° visuals...than you really have a very nice cockpit which is on the same level as a 100kUSD flight deck from PFC.

Thomas