Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

XP11 vs FSX

aerofly 2 is just to simple, i like my complex aircrafts, that turned me directly away from aerofly. x-plane 11 is the most complex out of all of them.

• Upvote 6

Interesting... P3D default clouds look 10x better than X-Plane's inky farts, but the former's default scenery looks like something the dog coughed up. Both can be greatly improved, although the scenery popping and fragility (OOMs) of P3D is more or less incurable in this version, which is why my hopes lie with XP11.

My only regrets are PMDG and FSLabs which are top notch and will be greatly missed.

P3D or even FSX, XPlane just doesn't look right to me, and none look as good as Aerofly FS2

not sure what you are looking at. xp11 is amazing! flew fsx since 95 til p3d v3.4. with enviro mesh and some ortho its not even up for discussion. 

Look at jymp's posting history.  He's an anti X-Plane troll and Aerofly shill.

• Upvote 7

I don't understand why you guys are debating this, it's crazy, don't you think? With life if you want to progress and move forward you have to put up with bit of ###### and inconvenience and stick with it for a while, but in time it will all come good, it's gonna be P3d and X plane all the way....I'll put my money on X plane , but we are all going to have to be patient, it's defo NOT fsx....that is for certain.

Paul

EGCC

• Upvote 5

Regards

Paul EGCC

I agree with mountainman, this comparison is not fair.

I also believe LM will only retrofit to to support 64bit...we will see.

Question. IF LM is truly just using P3D for training purposes, why would they care about adding eye candy? 

OR, do they know what they are doing and the say "hey they agreed to the EULA!" knowing full well no one is using the license properly? But taking the money. 

Eddie
KABQ

The only thing good I see in AF2 is the limited scenery and that is it.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Is this a joke?  FSX by technological standards is ancient and obsolete software that looks and feels its age.  Any attempts to compare it with X-Plane 11 is laughable, and a bit unfair since FSX was abandoned by its developer years ago.  I think a fairer comparison is with the latest version of P3D which is still being actively developed.  That said, X-Plane 11 beta still blows it out of the water (out of the air?) with P3D's decade old graphics and poor tire and strut modeling that make every landing smooth as glass.

Considering FSX still makes up the vast majority of users it's a perfectly valid comparison.

• Upvote 2

If I were to pick one based only on the above videos I think I would go P3Dv3 honestly...

Why?

... flightdynamics i assume :wink:

i'd rather still go for XPlane though, as in my opinion (and as the videos above proof), XPlane 11 is really amazing these days for what a desktop flightsim may have offer, once everyhting is set up accordingly.

Now i'm not saying that P3D is a bad thing, so please do not get me wrong, but honestly - and again, as the videos above clearly show - right out of the box, XPlane 11 really is my prime sim of choice - at least for now ...

:smile:

P.S.: ... i also have to second though, what has been pointed out by Dave in #17 ... XPlane's default clouds look very dissapointing

• Upvote 2

Because P3D, even FSX and FSX:SE are still the most solid / sound platforms to develop on...

X-Plane is erratic....

AEFS2 still too simplistic and lacking basic features - I know they're working on it...

I've never seen / used a complex aircraft for XP10 that could match the best available for FSX / P3D. I don't use P3D, nor FSX:SE though... and I bought XP11 to support the cause... as I did buy AEFS2.... for the same reasons.

But if I wanted an Airbus, right now, I wuld install FSX:SE, Dx10 Fixer a very basic weather injcetor, and install FSLabs A32x ** only ** - it would become my A320 sim ** only **!  There's nothing even closely available for XP10/11....

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I have pretty much moved over to XP11 and hope that more professional developers start to create products for it. I have to say that I am beyond disappointed in Orbx for not pursuing XP and instead creating some things for Aerofly. In regards to P3d v4, I would bet the house that it will just be marginally better than v3. It will probably only have a bit better lighting and a higher LOD, but I am sure it will look and act the same as FSX, FSXSE, Dovetail Flight School, P3Dv1,v2, and v3. Gotta do whatever you can to keep that backwards compatibility and not move ahead.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

If I were to pick one based only on the above videos I think I would go P3Dv3 honestly...

You woke up with an ironic attitude, didn't you?

• Upvote 2

Because P3D, even FSX and FSX:SE are still the most solid / sound platforms to develop on...

X-Plane is erratic....

AEFS2 still too simplistic and lacking basic features - I know they're working on it...

I've never seen / used a complex aircraft for XP10 that could match the best available for FSX / P3D. I don't use P3D, nor FSX:SE though... and I bought XP11 to support the cause... as I did buy AEFS2.... for the same reasons.

But if I wanted an Airbus, right now, I wuld install FSX:SE, Dx10 Fixer a very basic weather injcetor, and install FSLabs A32x ** only ** - it would become my A320 sim ** only **!  There's nothing even closely available for XP10/11....

Hi Jose!

I really (always) appreciate Your point of view and constructive criticism, hence i put a " :wink:" into my previous post when i was refering to the aspect of flightdynamics.

And yet i really have to admit that, although i still very much enjoy my FSX under DX10 due to the many great add-ons i am using it with, XPlane 11 is a stunning flightsimming platform even if being used just right out of the box.

And with more and more advanced 3rd party add-ons (such as PMDG's DC-6, IXEG's 737, the Airfoilabs C172, Thranda the Kodiak, XEnviro and all the many more) available for XPlane, i - at least for now - consider XPlane to be a great alternative for all of us flightsimmers around.

:smile:

• Upvote 3

Question. IF LM is truly just using P3D for training purposes, why would they care about adding eye candy? 

OR, do they know what they are doing and the say "hey they agreed to the EULA!" knowing full well no one is using the license properly? But taking the money. 

LM care what the training customers want ;)

The whole EULA discussion is one thing and not going to flog a dead horse. However one thing you need to remember is that LM are not allowed to market to end users directly and can't use retail channels to distribute it. That is the why dovetail does not really care for the "grey zone" currently. Once the flightsim is released, 90% of the people starting with flightsim will get in contact with dovetails, x-plane and maybe fsx. Once they are in that ecosystem, it will be very hard to convice people to switch. 

• Upvote 1

Only if my PC can run X-plane 11 ...

With 1050 Ti I can't even get 25 fps with all settings at minimum, in the default Cessna. I know it's not the best graphics card in the world. But come on, I have no problem getting 30 fps in a PMDG or Aerosoft Airbus. It's a bit ridiculous.

Only if my PC can run X-plane 11 ...

With 1050 Ti I can't even get 25 fps with all settings at minimum, in the default Cessna. I know it's not the best graphics card in the world. But come on, I have no problem getting 30 fps in a PMDG or Aerosoft Airbus. It's a bit ridiculous.

what are the rest of your specs? did you turn threaded optimization off in the control panel ?