Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

XP11 vs FSX

Look at jymp's posting history.  He's an anti X-Plane troll and Aerofly shill.

I'm not anti anything, I could care less what you do with your money, it's just my personal impression, whoever wants to spend money on XPlane please do, your choice, it's good we have several sims to choose from. personally, I'd rather have FSX/P3D , or Aerofly, end of discussion.

Um, Chevy vs. Ford is not an apples to oranges comparison. Unless you were being deliberately ironic?

Chevy & Ford are cars and pickup trucks, but different; apples & oranges are fruit, but different.  Why not a valid comparison, just like FSX/P3D and XP10/11 are flight simulators, but different?

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

The big difference between the XP10 and XP11 cycles lays in the fact that now Austin really feels "it's now or never..." for X-Plane, I guess.... I hope he takes his precious time to do the best he can, and the rest of the team helps with the other areas like secenery, weather rendering, AI and ATC...

haha...curious that I got the opposite impression.

To me Austin looks as showing the same "small-step" attitude as before, no pressure to take over the sim market, no hurry to become the first option to new buyers. He has got his own ideas and he sticks with them, flight model being his priority with little investment on other areas that look more crucial to us like weather, ATC.

The answer to JV of Orbx is self explicative: he didn't think twice taking his revenge no matter how his words could have hurt XP future.

Flight sim world is still very dynamic nowadays: like many I gave up buying lot of addons because I don't know if they will be a good investment in 9/12 months. Only bought XEnviro and a couple of bargain airports in the last 6 months and I tend to enjoy what I have, dedicating lot of flying time to develop a couple of new sceneries.

I paid for XP11 to support development but I seldom use it because I'm not the beta guy caring to report bugs so pretty useless to use it now and reading posts it's quite far from a stable version. My expectations were quite low on this subject so little complain.

I'm confident that Prepared V4 will be better in many fields otherwise Orbx would have not left XP11 development. The point is: will I be "prepared" to pay lot of cash to buy everything again since most of my addons were bought for FSX. One thing is clear to me: XP is way less demanding in term of money than the PR3D platform to get a pretty similar result.

• Upvote 1

Chevy & Ford are cars and pickup trucks, but different; apples & oranges are fruit, but different.  Why not a valid comparison, just like FSX/P3D and XP10/11 are flight simulators, but different?

I'm not sure you completely understand what the phrase "like comparing apples to oranges" really means.  Colloquially, it means an attempt to compare dissimilar things that have few if any points in common.  For example, comparing a first-person shooter to a flight simulator would be to compare apples to oranges.  Comparing one flight simulator to another, on the other hand, is apples to apples.

• Upvote 1

flight model being his priority with little investment on other areas that look more crucial to us like weather, ATC.

Flight model............has been his strategic marketing priority. Yet, it has taken other people to work out bugs, which have gone on for years. 

which have gone on for years.

and still do...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AviTABs...

To be fair, the 1050 Ti isn't the best card.  It actually lags behind older hardware like the GTX 760, which is what I use, and a 3.4GHz quad-core CPU.  With medium-ish settings, I consistently get between 25 and 40 FPS.  Still, I'd expect the 1050 Ti to do better.  Maybe your CPU is the bottleneck?

Maybe yes. It shows my 'cpu time' is about 0.045 sec and 'gpu time' 0.035 sec.

You can't really compare a flight simulator to other games since a flight simulator is inherently considerably more demanding than other entertainment software.  People might brag about how the latest and greatest first-person shooter really pushes their hardware, but that's nothing compared to what X-Plane 11 demands from your system.

That makes sense. Still, I kinda expected that turning down the settings would help with the frame rate. :(

haha...curious that I got the opposite impression.

To me Austin looks as showing the same "small-step" attitude as before, no pressure to take over the sim market, no hurry to become the first option to new buyers. He has got his own ideas and he sticks with them, flight model being his priority with little investment on other areas that look more crucial to us like weather, ATC.

The answer to JV of Orbx is self explicative: he didn't think twice taking his revenge no matter how his words could have hurt XP future.

Flight sim world is still very dynamic nowadays: like many I gave up buying lot of addons because I don't know if they will be a good investment in 9/12 months. Only bought XEnviro and a couple of bargain airports in the last 6 months and I tend to enjoy what I have, dedicating lot of flying time to develop a couple of new sceneries.

I paid for XP11 to support development but I seldom use it because I'm not the beta guy caring to report bugs so pretty useless to use it now and reading posts it's quite far from a stable version. My expectations were quite low on this subject so little complain.

I'm confident that Prepared V4 will be better in many fields otherwise Orbx would have not left XP11 development. The point is: will I be "prepared" to pay lot of cash to buy everything again since most of my addons were bought for FSX. One thing is clear to me: XP is way less demanding in term of money than the PR3D platform to get a pretty similar result.

just because p3d is going 64 bit doesnt mean it will be better! that will help the oom issue but what about the rest of the issues? btw xp11 beta has been more stable than p3d ever was for me. btw, you contracdict yourself, you said you bought xp11 and seldom use it but you also say you are reading reports that its quite far from stable. so which is it? either you know because you are using it or you arent using it and you are making judgments based on other peoples suggestions. 

• Upvote 4

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

what about the rest of the issues?

What other issues ?

What other issues ?

LOL dont get me started, the slow loading ground textures, the micro stutters, terrible fps, ooms.... and yea i have a top of the line system so its not that. xp11 is smooth as butter, even at 20 fps, but mine is locked at 30fps anywhere except DD nyc which is a system killer. 

What other issues ?

i forgot to add, flight dynamics are much better in this sim, much more realistic coming from the real thing. 

• Upvote 3

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

I was not posting this video as a bashing topic thats for sure 

I never saw a comparison video of the two sims together - never thought to look actually, just happen to see it as I do follow the latest XP11 videos posted each day 

That said every one enjoy what they prefer  :wink:

• Upvote 5

Rich Sennett

Well done Sennett, you've made another 'my sim is better than your sim' thread =@

What a clever boy, not! :Doh:

• Upvote 1

Well done Sennett, you've made another 'my sim is better 

:Shame On You:

• Upvote 2

Rich Sennett

Not the creator's fault, that this post went south.

Tom

• Upvote 3

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

Shame%20On%20You.gif

Not the creator's fault, that this post went south.

Oh come on. You'd have to be one sandwich short of a full picnic to not realise this would happen :rolleyes:

But please carry on, some of it is comedy gold :fool:

• Upvote 2