Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Active Sky or Rex not working

I am having issues and I don't know if it is AS16 or Rex texture direct or both. For starters, AS seems to load the same weather regardless of the airport. For example in Chicago right now there is not a cloud in the sky. However the P3D Chicago looks relatively overcast and gray. Also, the sky is not very blue when I am through the clouds. Let me know what I can post here to help figure this out. The clouds also don't look very realistic. I'm sure I have something set up wrong. Let me know.

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

If AS is loading the same weather make sure that it's not set to manual or historic. Should be set to live to get the realtime conditions.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have it set to live.  If there is something that I can post, let me know.  I uninstalled soft clouds so I'll see if that is a fix.  I've read you should "run as admin" for a lot of executables.  Maybe that is an issue?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Be sure the Weather mode in the FSX tab is not overriding AS16.

Doug

Here is what I do and maybe there is an error that you can notice.

Open Rex and create or download a shared version
Open Active Sky 2016 and keep it in live mode
Open P3D
Pick where and what I want to fly
As it loads, it will first default to nice looking clouds, layers, and blue realistic sky
Active Sky then kicks in and the sky goes to a greyish looking sky with puffy unrealistic looking clouds.  This happens at almost every airport that I pick.  The only difference would be the amount of the puffy looking clouds. I'd upload a picture but it doesn't look like that is an option.  Could it be that Rex and AS are interfering somehow?  Should I be running these as admin or not?
cleardot.gif

I'm really out of my realm of experience with this one....

I run PMDG, Rex Soft Clouds and Textures and AS16. I don't know about Admin being a problem. Here's how I start my apps:

*  Click on Rex Direct Textures. Once I select my theme, then it 'defaults' and asks if I want to start FSX from Rex...I do, and select and voila!  FSX Steam window opens...Before I select my flight, I start AS16---not via Admin---and then bring up my flight. ASN thunders and I know it's up and connected, checking to make sure it is live and not manual---you've done this.

Starting from Rex probably isn't a solution, but I'm familiar with the flow from that point on.

It sounds like maybe an archived ASN file is coming up every time you fly. Maybe, reinstall AS16.

Doug

I noticed something similar in ASN this past week. I live in southern Wisconsin and the weather for KENW was showing a temperature in the high 20s Celsius. Last week our weather was in the single digits (degrees F). Even airports in southern Canada were showing extremely high temperatures.

ASN is set to live weather and its weather files all had current date/time stamps but I deleted all of them. Restarted ASN and it was still showing temperatures in the high 20s Celsius. Left it sitting there for over an hour and when I came back  the METARs for my favorite airports was much more accurate and seasonal.

So I'm wondering if something's not snafu at the source. Not sure if ASN or AS2016 uses one or many "regional" sources to get its data. But it was temporary and seems to be solved for now.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I noticed something similar in ASN this past week. I live in southern Wisconsin and the weather for KENW was showing a temperature in the high 20s Celsius. Last week our weather was in the single digits (degrees F). Even airports in southern Canada were showing extremely high temperatures.

ASN is set to live weather and its weather files all had current date/time stamps but I deleted all of them. Restarted ASN and it was still showing temperatures in the high 20s Celsius. Left it sitting there for over an hour and when I came back  the METARs for my favorite airports was much more accurate and seasonal.

So I'm wondering if something's not snafu at the source. Not sure if ASN or AS2016 uses one or many "regional" sources to get its data. But it was temporary and seems to be solved for now.

In regards to high temperatures, I worked with another user who submitted a support ticket on this and a fresh install of the latest AS16 client fixed the issue. If you have a chance please try that and let me know if it helps. 

Thanks! 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W