Sign in to follow this  
spokes2112

2017 Initial Practice

2017 RTWR Practice Route

Here’s an idea for a practice route that will get us up near our “favorite” grounds of Norway and the Alps. The route is based on the ferry flight of my friends 1954 Beech C-45 (Beech 18 – “Lady Lynn”) after it was sold to a group in Germany during the 2016 Oshkosh Airventure show. If interested, the following are links to some information about the ferry flight, the aircraft, previous owner & other goodies. She will be missed at our local fly in breakfasts and other events.

The ferry PIREP, ferry photos, video of a takeoff from one our breakfasts at 9WS2, video of gear retraction tests during her spring 2016 annual at Blackhawk Maintenance , photos of an RC version (~$6500 & 1950 hrs to complete) never flown now hanging up in the Iola, WI (68C) clubhouse, and finally Don’s site with more info & history of the aircraft.

The route – Full SkyVector, should get us up into to the “good” :Silly:  weather. The route is varied giving pilots anything from a quick flight (saving time) to near max distance & possibly jet flights over the North Atlantic. Upon arriving at Wick (EGPC) we can decide if we would like to take a left turn & head towards Norway.

KJVL, Southern Wisconsin Regional à KBIV (130 nm)

KBIV, West Michigan Regional àCYTZ (299 nm)

CYTZ, Toronto/Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport Airport à CYBC (569 nm)

CYBC, Baie-Comeau Airport à CYYR (386 nm)

CYYR, Goose Bay Airport à BGBW (676 nm)

BGBW, Narsarsuaq Airport à BIKF (652 nm)

BIKF, Keflavik Airport à BIEG (225 nm)

BIEG, Egilsstadir Airport à EGPC (519 nm)

EGPC, Wick Airport à EDGE, Eisenach-Kindel Airport  (649 nm)

This is just an idea, if wanted to do other – do so. Just practice! Post Duenna reports here.

How-a-Jet-Engine-Works.jpg

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Roman, is there a new version of Duenna? I rather think I might like to do this.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Site to Download Duenna:

https://www.fsrtwrace.com/duenna.php

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Yep.  I noticed that when I tried to download it after I found out that I did not have the latest version.  I sent a mail to Eamonn.  Standby.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

My apologies but the duenna is available to download.  Its the same version as last year.  The newest version hasn't had enough testing yet unfortunately.

spacer.png

That is it yes but it may be updated slightly before raceday as someone at SOH is having an issue with it and FS9.

spacer.png

OK, Time to get started. I have the baton. KJVL-KBIV in the Aircraft Factory P-51H

Baton Free KBIV

post-116318-0-11119300-1484100209.jpg

26aLetj.png

Jeff, how did you like those winds? Just a bit breezy in the area!

I have the baton, KBIV --> CYTZ in the Wings of Power P-51D, using FSRealWX Pro & Duenna beta 1118 (for practice only).

Roman,  i see you are using the newest duenna, unfortunately again i wont be able to push it out for the race, I can't guarantee i can iron out all problems in the next 30ish days.  I've been thinking to force push it out after the race and then see what problems people have when using it for smaller events.  Just a thought.

spacer.png

Hi Eamonn,

Yeah, never got a hold of 1118 (was out of FS for Nov-Dec+) until yesterday & just thought - why not? Looks good!  :good: The change was a good one from prev version. Still have all the old "official" releases on my system, they never left, always worked, so ready to go. BTW seen your old house on descent! LOL

Baton free @ CYTZ with some terrible speed management on on short final - UGLY!

uOuBJXaxVbUiODAd03FCtzW6c.jpg

Text - 

Tracking

CYTZ.jpg?dl=0

I have the baton,  CYTZ to CYBC (crosses himself)

I had the baton, then I dropped it, then I picked it up and...dropped it again. So I picked up the baton and threw it out of the window of the 737, yes, 737 I was trying to come to terms with. To think I could have bought a half decent bottle of wine for 8 quids.

Anyone want a baton, hardly used.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

then I dropped it, then I picked it up and...dropped it again.

Hmmm.  Does seem like you were having some issues  :smile:

pfn3RuQPdkM8MUog06pFxQ9XxoI.jpg

26aLetj.png