Sign in to follow this  
spokes2112

2017 Initial Practice

I am claiming the baton.   CYTZ to CYBC in the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 (Westjet).  

Weather at destination looks correct for this time of year.

Visibility 2.0 sm

Light Snow

Winds 270 @ 8

Temp -07C (19F)

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Looks like you crashed on takeoff.. 

Several times! I had trouble with my brakes, they were arse about face and wouldn't behave. By the time I got them sorted the life had been sucked out of me. :BigGrin:

I'm OK now though.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Crashed at touchdown. :mad:  Baton is back at CYTZ

qJPomoSi9X4ouyWvoqhkT9LH0og.jpg

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Going for it again. :smile:  I have the baton.  CYTZ to CYBC in the PMDG 737-800 NGX (Westjet). 

Baton Free @ CYBC

HQ796RMDJ7pwB6t0qgqJFad9v8M.jpg

26aLetj.png

Tense approach in very poor visibility.  Could not see the runway at 1000 feet

Approach1b5b0b.jpg

Finally saw the runway lights at 200 feet

Approach237d56.jpg

26aLetj.png

Nice one Jeff! #2 that is  :good:

Coffee, a Cat & Cubic Inches in Cold Canada.

I have the baton CYBC --> CYYR (Goose Bay) in the ABC/MS F-8F Bearcat. FSRealWX Pro & Duenna Beta (testing only)

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Thats right to minimums Jeff, if you were on the ILS 10, DH was 200 AGL and you were right there in that last picture. :D

Although I see a slight tailwind, tisk tisk. :D

spacer.png

A small recon flight to Black TIckle this morning to see the damage that the brothers did last year - The place is trashed! Blue Boeing bombs & empty beer cans all over the place! :LMAO: Including a host of F-9F5 Panther parts strewn in the ocean by me during the first attempt. :help:   The environmentalists are NOT going to like this.

The baton is back at Goose Bay after the recon.

pQ6kmbVJLjHDwK7Bo3JL5C28zc.jpg

Text - 

Tracking Page

Cm2UoyOJFvD2IsQqrvxOWYFmjc.jpg

Text -                                         

Tracking Page

i6bQqzqfZojfs2JdGlVh3TXNd1Q.jpg

Text - 

Tracking Page

On to Greenland.  I have the baton CYYR-BGBW in the COTS L049 Constallation.

Baton Free @ Narsarsuaq.   Should have take a faster plane, busted the 2hr clock by 24 minutes

hIxB1Fzb12MZCYcuv3MxOWQTsg.jpg

26aLetj.png

Jeff,

Thanks for the "heads up" about the Greenland scenery... It feels like I'm there..

In real life, taken by Klaus (ferry pilot) while "Lady Lynn" was there.
BGBW.JPG?dl=0  

BGBW2.JPG?dl=0

And now the scenery -- NICE! 
SS_19Jan17_071233_N61.16204_W45.41802.jp

Off to Iceland for a morning, coffee cruize. I have the baton BGBW --> BIKF in the FSND B727-200, using the new Duenna 151 & FSRealWX Pro.

Note on the "New Duenna".. It was to fix a FS9 problem MadDog was having over at SOH, you should not see any difference at all.

spacer.png

Baton is free at BIKF, 3 Go Arounds, 40 minutes worth! 2:18 post to post.. :-(
Report & pirep to follow.. Who needs coffee when one has a flight like this.. Shaking in my boots!

07Bx8SMB5zhRTuLhCA0mEXtno50.jpg

Text -
Tracking

Heart is still pounding an hour and a half later!
- The WX was the worse I've ever seen in FS!
- The Sun was setting behind me giving an orange blanket to everything. Could see the city lights way before (if I even could) the runway lights. The city lights caused nothing but spacial disorientation, terrible references.
- The AP is only rated for CAT "notta" approaches. :Thinking: The GS hold is completely wacked, it would be stabilized throughout most of the approach then near the MM it would pitch up & lose it. The LOC hold was better, but still not right. It would hold real nice until just after the MM where it would start drifting to the left and never even try to correct. 15 knot straight on headwinds to boot.
- The fourth try (3rd GA) was done by hand upon the GS coming active.. It WAS going (had to) to get done regardless of green or red Duenna.

Taken from the saved flight & WX using FSJoin recorder.

Edited by spokes2112