Sign in to follow this  
garrett_frank

FlyTampa Las Vegas Announced

May not have been my first choice but the airport/region definitely falls within the category of "good enough" and since FT is doing it, I'll have to check it out.

Interesting choice, given that I think FSDT has said they're also redoing theirs?  Oh well, choice can be a good thing, though there's also plenty of important airports out there that haven't had the payware treatment yet.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Nice, didn't see this one coming. Will be interesting to see what the they did with the surroundings.

Yes: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,3497.375.html

I wonder what has lately been going on with paraller airport projects (Pisa, Lamezia, Verona, Innsbruck, Paris CDG, Barcelona, Manchester, to mention just a few)? :Thinking:

While you can count the number of Japanese airports available for Prepar3d3 on one hand. And that's one of the leading industrial nations of the World, not just an underdeveloped bush region.

I don't get it, too. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 6

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

FT just revealed KLAS so my estimate is at least 10 months.  FSDT is working now on KORD upgrade, much needed since runways and even taxiways have changed much, maybe in 6 months?  I think, but not sure, that Flightbeam is working on KMSP which I would love to add to my world.

I agree with Michael, would really like to have a good RJTT and why isn't there a Beijing ZBAA?? That's crazy.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guess the market simply isn't there. Most simmers seem to be based in Europe/America and that's where they want to fly...

Also accessibility to airport premises is a factor, especially in the case of Beijing. There are a few good Japanese sceneries after all.

Guess the market simply isn't there. Most simmers seem to be based in Europe/America and that's where they want to fly...

Also accessibility to airport premises is a factor, especially in the case of Beijing. There are a few good Japanese sceneries after all.

For Prepar3d3 which I use and which is the state of the art? Overland stopped years ago. Aerosim more or less died with FSX as well. The hand full of Wing Creations airports available (which I own) can be sort of migrated from P3D2 to P3D3, but with issues, as they confirmed to me via mail. There is an excellent free landclass available which can be implemented into Prepar3d3, but that pretty much is it, to my knowledge (aside a few freeware airports, but nothing of FT quality).

Okay, I forgot Nagasaki by Pacific Islands. Any more?

I keep hearing the argument there is no market for JP airports being based on the (probably true) fact most simmers being US or Europe based. However, I know quite a number of just those US/EU simmers being keen for Japanese airports, Like me.

I own FSDT KLAS and when they upgrade it that's enough for me. I really don't see an need for a second one.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Fair point, compatibility is likely an issue given the ever-updated or upgraded versions of P3D.

If V4 really turned out to be 64bit then I might even pick up some larger Asian airports to do longhaul flights in the region of >10 hours, as VAS shouldn't be of concern anymore.

It may also be helpful to learn about Japanese aviation... the airlines, procedures, aircraft configurations, destinations, etc. I for one take more pleasure in recreating familiar settings.

While you can count the number of Japanese airports available for Prepar3d3 on one hand. And that's one of the leading industrial nations of the World, not just an underdeveloped bush region.

I don't get it, too. 

It's frustrating, especially in the US.  It's like they zoom out on a map and look at only the major, major cities.  At least FSDT has taken a closer look with KMEM and KCLT, though, their airports go to the fence and no further...big mistake.  They need to zoom in just a bit...look at the Class C airports....Knoxville, Savannah, Wilmington, Charlotte, Santa Fe, San Antonio, St. Louis, etc.  There are some beautiful cities with regional airports that both heavy metal and GA could share.  

Also, yes.  Narita.  How is it that they're all redoing the same airports and no decent Narita. 

• Upvote 2

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Knoxville, Savannah, Wilmington, Charlotte, Santa Fe, San Antonio, St. Louis, etc. 

Very true, I miss these a lot! Even smaller regional fields that you can fly in from the big hubs (ATL, MSP, IAH,...) would be great, too. But then again we don't have decent regional jets like the CRJ, ERJ, E-Jets, etc. Just the Q400 that no one flies except for Horizon and United Express...

Also, yes. Narita. How is it that they're all redoing the same airports and no decent Narita.

RJAA Narita by WCI is the one I do have and enjoy. It looks pretty good but the taxiways are dated so one has to accomodate that.... no worse than FSDT KORD.

Dan Downs KCRP

Not sure I agree with that in regard to where flight simmers fly. Flightbeam are doing NZAA.  FT doing KLAS is to me a bit silly, when FSDT will be updating their KLAS. Both high quality devs.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.