Sign in to follow this  
MatteoThePilot05

FSX CTD

Hey guys, I write this because I got some problems with my sim. I still got the FSX Gold Edition with the PMDG 737 NGX and the Airbus X add-on and every two flights it crashes. The sim doesn't respond anymore and to close the program I have to open the task manager. I already avoided to set ultrahigh graphics, applied the highmemfix. I would add that I use smartcars ( Virtual Ryanair ) and that I fly for the IVAO network. In addition to this, I absolutely don't think the problem is caused by the pc itself.  It would be nice to answer and I hope that it is the fsx and not the pc and that I probably should turn to P3D.

Thx for any help, Matteo

PC Specs :

i7-6700( not the k version )

gtx960 2gb vram

16 gb ram

256gb ssd where fsx and Windows 10 Home Edition are installed

1to hdd

First check the Windows Event Viewer and determine which module crashes the sim.

Bert

Nom du journal :Application
Source :       Application Error
Date :         15/01/2017 15:42:44
ID de l’événement :1000
Catégorie de la tâche :(100)
Niveau :       Erreur
Mots clés :    Classique
Utilisateur :  N/A
Ordinateur :   DESKTOP-AE3CMEG
Description :
Nom de l’application défaillante ivap_dllhost.exe, version : 2.0.2.2773, horodatage : 0x50d58c31
Nom du module défaillant : MSVCR100.dll, version : 10.0.40219.325, horodatage : 0x4df2be1e
Code d’exception : 0x40000015
Décalage d’erreur : 0x0008d6fd
ID du processus défaillant : 0x10f8
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d26f3da1e50374
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_dllhost.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR100.dll
ID de rapport : e64adb48-e32c-4f49-b62a-92bb2ecdb2d3
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :
XML de l’événement :
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-01-15T14:42:44.911961900Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1252</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-AE3CMEG</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>ivap_dllhost.exe</Data>
    <Data>2.0.2.2773</Data>
    <Data>50d58c31</Data>
    <Data>MSVCR100.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.40219.325</Data>
    <Data>4df2be1e</Data>
    <Data>40000015</Data>
    <Data>0008d6fd</Data>
    <Data>10f8</Data>
    <Data>01d26f3da1e50374</Data>
    <Data>C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_dllhost.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR100.dll</Data>
    <Data>e64adb48-e32c-4f49-b62a-92bb2ecdb2d3</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

I have noticed that it is the ivap app of IVAO that causes the crash. Sorry that it is in French but I think you can see which module causes the ctd.

Matteo

Here is one solution - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEtMXReRIAk

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I watched the video and thx for the advice, but I don't think it answers my question. I would like to know how to avoid the crash of the ivap dll and how the crash is related to the mscvr100.dll that is actually  the faulting module. Sorry from my side if I didn't explain my problem correctly.

Best regards,

Matteo

MSCVR100.dll is part of the Microsoft Visual C++Redistributable 2010 package used by developers to make sure their product was installed properly as they intended.  If it was not installed properly, the mscvr100.dll flag is thrown and you have to find out which application was not installed properly or is not working as intended by the developer.  Microsoft also uses the various Microsoft.net packages to make sure your application runs as intended by the developer (a simple explanation).  In the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 24, it provides more information about this and tools you can use to possibly fix this problem.  I know I had a mscvrxxx crash once and used the Microsoft.net Repair Tool as discussed in the AVSIM CTD Guide and I was shocked by the program actually fixed my error!! (A reason I decided to throw it in the AVSIM CTD Guide). 

There have been many problems with the IVAO ivap_dllhost.exe program.  Just search Google for ivap_dllhost.exe and you will find thousands of entries.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you very much, this is exactly what I was attending. At first I'll do like everybody does uninstall and reinstall IVAO. If there might be again crashes I'll follow the steps in the CTD guide.

Best regards,

Matteo

I made a few flights since and I don't have the ctd anymore but this time I have an application hang where there is logically not the faulting module. So I can't see where the problem comes from. Most peolpe says that it is due to the OOM(Out of Memory) crash, but I don't think it's my case because I only run the PMDG 737 NGX with the fsx default scenery and my flight only lasts one hour. Thx for any help again.

Best regards,

Matteo

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides some suggestions for fixing freezes (collected from several FS websites).  See back section or look for freezes in the menu at the beginning of the guide.  Freezes/hangs are common and could be cause by just too many things.  If it is freezing at the same spot everytime, it is probably an AI program.  High settings will do this too.  Best fix is the delete or rename your fsx.cfg and let FSX rebuild it (that removes any tweaks you might have put there or any high settings).  Change the resolution a little but not any other setting (well, maybe you would like some AI)...  If this fixes it then you had a bad tweak or high settings.  If not, just rename your old fsx.cfg and try another possible fix.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

I've set the settings from ultra to high and I made a flight from London Stansted to Luxemburg. I only experienced a little hang in the middle of the flight but after the freeze I was able to continue the flight. The question now is , is it normal or am I on the wrong way ? Will try longer flights in the next days.

Best regards,

Matteo

The occasional little hang is normal (unfortunately) with FSX, as you fly out of one scenery area and into an other.  Fast disks and SSDs help, but do not eliminate this issue.

Bert

In fact I've FSX installed on an SSD and I got the issue anyway. If you consider it is normal it's okay for me. Will report if I got new problems but hopefully not. Thx for your support,I really appreciate. Excellent job !

Best regards,

Matteo

After the last post I did a test flight to see if everything worked well and unfortunately the hangs continue and this time the whole fsx crashes. The first time it happened , it was about 15 min after I started it so it can't be the hang of the change of scenery. After a second try, it happened about 25 min after the start of the sim. So now I'm getting a little irritated about this. I would think that a reinstall would be necessary but I don't know if it could solve the problem. Thx for any help

Best regards,

Matteo