Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

2.1.0.2 issues

Tried a flight today from EDDL-EGLL using the latest version. When setting up for the flight I used a ground speed of 400KTS and a rate of descent of 1700FPM. P2A calculated a TOD of 78 miles which is too close for an altitude of FL360. I tried changing the rate of descent to something less to move the TOD but it remained at 78 miles. When I reached the point where the MCDU had calculated the TOD I just requested a lower altitude and proceeded on. I was eventually assigned a Star along with a landing runway. At a point where I was passed from one controller to the next I experienced an unhandled exception and was unable to make contact again.

NAX669.png

Mike,

What STAR and Approach did you plan?

I just did a plan EDDL-LAM3A-ILS RW09R EGLL, FL360, 400kts and 1700FPM descent and got a TOD distance of 161.9.

Sometimes you may need to press Validate after entering the plan to get all the calculations to be redone.

Dave

Dave,

I tried it again with a new flight plan. MODRU Z717 GOBNO UZ717 MAS UM617 SOGRI UL608 DENUT UL610

RAPIX T87 LAM
 FL360

I imported the plan to P2A and set the descent rate at 1700fpm. It automatically set the GS at 400. I got a TOD of 113.3 miles. If I hit validate the TOD drops to 25.1 miles. I'm not sure if it's something in the flight plan or what. The original plan was done with PFPX. This plan was done with Simbrief. I haven't had this issue before this current build.

NAX669.png

Looks like a bug when you don't have an Approach assigned.

I'll look into it and fix for the next update.

Thanks,

Dave

How do we create an assigned approach in our flight plans? I've been unable to use the program because of this bug since the last update. I mean I can still use it, but the TOD is right next to the airport.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Enter the approach into the flight plan and File the flight plan.  Or check the ATC Assigns Approach option and file the flight plan.

These are the two most common ways, but you must always File the flight plan to be sure an Approach is assigned.

There's definitely something different between 2.1.0.2 and 2.1.0.1. I can enter the same flight plan in 2.1.0.1 and get a TOD of 129 miles. The same flight plan in 2.1.0.2 yields a TOD of 25 miles. All other options are the same.

NAX669.png

Mike,

Did you press validate?  The TOD is no longer calculated with each change in the values above the route.  After pressing Validate, it should be correct.

I import the flight plan that was created with PFPX. It's YSSY-YBBN with a cruise altitude of FL410. I have no SIDS or STARS included in the plan. If I set the descent rate at 1700FPM I get a ground speed of 400 kts. P2A calculates the TOD at 144.9NM. Once a press validate the TOD is changed to 25.4NM. Is it something in the way I'm loading this that's causing the issue?

NAX669.png

Thanks for the details Mike.

It should be fixed in the next release.  Planning the ILS RW01-Z with no transitions, I get 160.6 NM TOD distance in the upcoming release.

Thanks again,

Dave

Thanks for the details Mike.

It should be fixed in the next release.  Planning the ILS RW01-Z with no transitions, I get 160.6 NM TOD distance in the upcoming release.

Thanks again,

Dave

Thanks Dave. Looking forward to it.

NAX669.png

I would also like to say thanks Dave specially since your reply has reminded me that there is a manual that explains these kinds of things. The only problem is that I've said thanks Dave so many times it's starting to feel awkward :P

Nah I'm just kidding. Thanks Dave :D

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD