Sign in to follow this  
L1049

Conflict with FSX and P3D

I am with FSX and want to change for P3D. Any conflict to have both on the

same computer. I want FSX just the time I will be ok with P3D. I know I will

need to buy some new planes like the 737 from PMDG.

Pierre Dupuis

I've got them both installed with no issues

Thanks Budbud (Bronze) and Ziggy for reply...Good help...

Pierre Dupuis

I've got them both installed with no issues

Same here, P3D and FSX:SE both installed with no problems. Several addons are also shared between them.

Hello Pierre:

Just to confirm what many have said, I have installed the three sims (FSX, X-Plane and P3D - the last one three days ago) on one drive andthey are all happily doing their thing.

X-Plane is so "out there", that it has had its own add-ons developed and you install them according to their instructions.

Having read the instructions for some add-ons that work on both FSX and P3D, and having read the comments in this forum, I have created separate folders for the respective add-ons. For example "IVAO-FSX" and "IVAO-P3D", "VPilot-FSX" and "Vpilot-P3D", even if it meant just copying the add on onto the different folder. Then I install all the FSX ones from the FSX folders and the P3D ones from the P3D.

Today I was wonderfully surpirsed to find out that 99% of my FSX sceneries, work in P3D.

And yes, I bought the PMDG B737-800 for P3D and it works fine with all my GoFlight modules.

You will enioy both ( or the three) of them.

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

naturally  you  cant  have  both sims  running  at the same  time

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have seen the same thing, but you have to wait at least ten seconds for the other sim to totally terminate.

Ron Service

Ron Service

But they are supposed to be independent, aren't they?

yes  but  you  cant  run both at the  same  time  dont  see  why  your  trying  too

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg