Sign in to follow this  
77west

Navigraph 1701 - Queenstown RNP now added.

Hi Guys

NZQN / Queenstown, New Zealand, now has the RNP-AR (Authorization Required) approaches it looks like - they have used dummy waypoints to get around the fact the FMC cant yet do radius-to-fix or RF legs.

This is an example of the apprroaches:

http://www.aip.net.nz/pdf/NZQN_45.1_45.2.pdf

Capture_zpsmgfwq9ld.png

• Upvote 2

PBN has been expanding in New Zealand during the last few years, so it's not surprising to see RNP procedures implemented in Navigraph. Auckland also have RNP procedures, IIRC mainly for noise abatement.

Yeah we now have quite a few; and it makes sense, maybe not everywhere in the world, but it works well here. Especially for Queenstown. I have flown these approaches many times as a pax and always marvel at the precision and constantly variable turns and descents into ZQN.

The main reason I posted it, is because lots of people bemoan the lack of these RF-leg RNP procedures that can't be accurately flown by the 737, 777 and even the FSLabs A320 to my knowledge.

It is nice to see Navigraph trying to make them work.

I Think that is maybe why i got confused, when i read a recent thread, as i had seen/flown similar (OERK IRRC) recently in the sim. yet it was suggested that the plane was incapable of doing it.

​Anyways, I now know where I'm headed in the sim this week. Thanks for the heads up.

​Liam Reynolds.

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

Thanks for the heads up! If I would have known that just yesterday :)) Haven't updated yet and was still flying the RNAV G approach.

The charts in Navigraph also seem much more enhanced now.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Anyways, I now know where I'm headed in the sim this week. Thanks for the heads up.

No worries; I might suggest VATNZ do an ops night to NZQN again now with the published procs.

Thanks for the heads up! If I would have known that just yesterday :)) Haven't updated yet and was still flying the RNAV G approach.

The charts in Navigraph also seem much more enhanced now.
My pleasure, happy to help. Yes I now use navigraph charts on my tablet, its great! Very nice to see the RNP procs in the FMS - currently busy doing NZWN to NZQN to try out the RNP-Y for 23.

Here is the RNP-Y for RW23: (in plan mode, no no terrain showing, will try to get a shot of that in a few mins time)

Capture_zpsdrqkrfbw.png

• Upvote 1

Really have to get up to date with the VATNZ schedule. When I am flying NZ always is dead because of the time difference. With Flightbeam NZAA and Godzone NZWN there are great times ahead :)

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Really have to get up to date with the VATNZ schedule. When I am flying NZ always is dead because of the time difference. With Flightbeam NZAA and Godzone NZWN there are great times ahead :)

You better put your full name in your signature on here otherwise they will get you...  :ph34r:  but yes I do agree with you!

Qantas and Air New Zealand worked on these approaches. If you look up You Tube for 'This is why we fly' you'll see an actual approach onto 05. If you have actually been to NZQN and are aware of the terrain around the airport it is even more impressive.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mxmFCw-Dig

Neil Bradley

Qantas and Air New Zealand worked on these approaches. If you look up You Tube for 'This is why we fly' you'll see an actual approach onto 05. If you have actually been to NZQN and are aware of the terrain around the airport it is even more impressive.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mxmFCw-Dig

Neil Bradley

That video is amazing, here are a couple of pics of my last trip there a few months ago: (spot the A320 in the last pic!!)

This is an great airport to fly into as both pax and pilot. Everything is full on, full brake landings, full power takeoffs, its awsome!

20160707_134619_zpsku1dyz87.jpg

20160707_133453_zpsccdqgwt6.jpg

20160707_155016_zps9mfbmroi.jpg

20160708_093733_zps8lsgveos.jpg

20160708_142352_zpsodtuhqqw.jpg

EDIT: BONUS POINTS FOR ANYONE WHO CAN CORRECTLY GUESS WHAT APPROACH WE WERE FLYING INTO NZQN

• Upvote 1

The main reason I posted it, is because lots of people bemoan the lack of these RF-leg RNP procedures that can't be accurately flown by the 737, 777 and even the FSLabs A320 to my knowledge.

We've always been able to do RF-legs, just as a heads up :)

Anyway, I'm glad to see the procedures getting published in the Navigraph data now, gives us all some lovely new locations to fly into! 

We've always been able to do RF-legs, just as a heads up :)
Apologies - I thought it was on the list of things that they were still working on. I have not been keeping as up to date as am waiting on the P3D release.

Anyway, I'm glad to see the procedures getting published in the Navigraph data now, gives us all some lovely new locations to fly into! 
I have done a fair bit of flying into NZQN using the old procedures, still fun, but not as realistic when on VATSIM etc.

Just about to land into NZAA, to switch my 777 for my 73, id take the Airbus, but im a bit of a butter fingers with it, and besides this is a PMDG forum!!
​Then if I really grow some and I survive with my 800 intact, ill switch to my new -300 and then all is going to break loose!

​Game on!

​Liam Reynolds

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

BONUS POINTS FOR ANYONE WHO CAN CORRECTLY GUESS WHAT APPROACH WE WERE FLYING INTO NZQN

I'm not sure but I'm going to guess that you flew the UBDAM 1B STAR followed by the RNAV GNSS F approach. into NZQN and I think its the most enjoyable approach out of them all! (especially when you are landing on RWY 23!)