Sign in to follow this  
luka_777

Need help!

I am having a problem with terrain in FSX steam. When I open FSX it loads up and then I go to free flight and click "fly now". It loads to 33% then it slows down and loads about 1% every 3 minutes or so. When it finally loads the plane, runways, taxiways, but everything else is black! 

I recently purchased from steam Rex 4 Textures Direct and the problem started about 4 days after I installed it. I uninstalled Rex and FSX, then reinstalled them both. When I opened FSX and loaded up a flight, EXACTLY THE SAME THING HAPPENED! 

The only thing i can think of that I might have done to make this happen, is I had some new scenery so i deleted the old scenery i had for that airport in settings-scenery library, and I may have accidentally deleted something more important by accident.

1 other small thing, when I close FSX steam still registers it as "running" and if I try to close steam it will not close because it apparently i need to close FSX so to close steam I have to end its task in task manager.

I have no idea what to do so if anyone has any idea please help me.

Cheers 

I am having a problem with terrain in FSX steam. When I open FSX it loads up and then I go to free flight and click "fly now". It loads to 33% then it slows down and loads about 1% every 3 minutes or so. When it finally loads the plane, runways, taxiways, but everything else is black! 

I recently purchased from steam Rex 4 Textures Direct and the problem started about 4 days after I installed it. I uninstalled Rex and FSX, then reinstalled them both. When I opened FSX and loaded up a flight, EXACTLY THE SAME THING HAPPENED! 

The only thing i can think of that I might have done to make this happen, is I had some new scenery so i deleted the old scenery i had for that airport in settings-scenery library, and I may have accidentally deleted something more important by accident.

1 other small thing, when I close FSX steam still registers it as "running" and if I try to close steam it will not close because it apparently i need to close FSX so to close steam I have to end its task in task manager.

I have no idea what to do so if anyone has any idea please help me.

Cheers 

Sounds like your settings are awfully high (in REX, FSX.cfg and display driver settings).  Are you using the 4096 textures in texture direct and is Texture_Max_Load=4096 in the Graphics section of the FSX.cfg and did you tweak your LOD_Radius in the Terrain section in the FSX.cfg above the max default of 4.5?  You might try deleting your fsx.cfg (or renaming it), restart FSX-SE and see if this fixes the problem.  If so, it is something in your FSX.cfg.

Tweaks like the Bufferpool and Affinity Mask, if not properly employed, will take your system down.

If you have any photoscenery installed, it will load (if enabled in the scenery.cfg) no matter where you are flying in the world.  Lots of photoscenery loading will cause the symtoms.

The AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide (see link in my signature) provides suggestions for configuring your fsx.cfg and display driver.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

My experience with Steam is that I have to re-start the computer because if I don't it won't load because the pop-up says it is still running.

Hi Jim.

Thanks for the reply. I deleted my CFG a restarted FSX so there are no tweaks. I also turned all the settings in FSX as low as they can be and the same with rex. Now it slows at 6% but then continues then slows right down at 42% There is nothing else I have tweaked so it is pretty much at default settings.

If I delete my scenery.cfg will it do the same thing as the main FSX.CFG and just remake itself? because it does seem to ba a scenery problem as nothing is loading but the REX textures.

Hi Jim.

Thanks for the reply. I deleted my CFG a restarted FSX so there are no tweaks. I also turned all the settings in FSX as low as they can be and the same with rex. Now it slows at 6% but then continues then slows right down at 42% There is nothing else I have tweaked so it is pretty much at default settings.

If I delete my scenery.cfg will it do the same thing as the main FSX.CFG and just remake itself? because it does seem to ba a scenery problem as nothing is loading but the REX textures.

wait, probably actually the terrain.cfg 

You do not want to delete the terrain.cfg.  It is not rebuilt and you will have to reinstall.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

o

You do not want to delete the terrain.cfg.  It is not rebuilt and you will have to reinstall.

ok

would it fix any problems if someone pasted the content of their cfg here and replaced whats in theirs to my one?