Sign in to follow this  
nirgal76

GTN for FSX / P3D

Hi,

i see that GTN (750/650) for FSX/P3D is no more announced on the main page. Only GNS and G500f or these simulators.

i have you got more information ?

Regards.

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

Hi,

This was a good catch, thank you for spotting! This is a now corrected error on the page, which just suffered a hasty copy/paste when we added the GNS 530W/430W V2 page!

The GTN for FS-SEX9 3D is still on course, delayed a little because we are working on latest GTN trainer 6.21.1 compatibility.

No public ETA but rest assured it is our interest to release our new offering as soon as feasible!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

If I understand correctly, GTN (750/650) for P3D will support all P3D aircraft. But will it also support any add-ons to P3D like A2A C-182 aircraft?

thank you, Gary

Was is to be understood is that our GTN is a gauge. As far as putting a gauge in a panel, our GTN has the same features and benefits as any other gauge. If you can put a gauge in P3D aircraft A, or P3D aircraft B, there is no reason you couldn't put our GTN in P3D aircraft A or P3D aircraft B.

Since you can do this already with any aircraft and any gauge, maybe I've not understood your question: you might not know this was possible already with your P3D, otherwise, what makes you wonder our gauge could be less of a gauge than any other gauge?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Perhaps he speaks about integration into 3D VC. As popup, i will works with all aircraft but have you got some contact with addon developpers for full 3D integration (like A2A or milviz for example). Or best, perhaps it will work in place of other GTN product (if you see what i mean ;)) for which such integration already exists. And the question can be the same for GNS.

(Personally, i don't care because i use it on a second monitor so, as popup gauge)

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

There are long time aircraft vendors, like Carenado, who offer standard Reality XP GNS option for their aircraft panels, integration should work fine in this case with the new GNS.

Since there are also aircraft with nice GTN Touch bezels in 3D, it should be also straightforward to display our GTN Touch in there too. Only custom commands between the VC and the gauge might not work as-is ( like pressing the 'HOME' button, how does the VC converts the mouse click on the 3D button to a meaningful command to the gauge ).

The best answer is to wait for the product release, and we will see how to improve integration if not perfect!

I think the tricky part may be the panel config options offered by the aircraft vendor.

For example, if a2a, or RealAir, or Carenado did not expect an RXP GNS or GTN gauge to be available in P3D, their config options might not include it..

As you said, wait and test it when ready  :smile:

Bert

if a2a, or RealAir, or Carenado did not expect

You are right Bert, but at the same time, it wouldn't be long for a developer having already spent the time to design a 3D model of a GNS and/or a GTN, plus a config option companion app which most of the time consist in only swapping a pre-made panel.cfg file, to simply change or add a new panel.cfg file with a gauge name swap (sufficient most of the time).

You are right Bert, but at the same time, it wouldn't be long for a developer having already spent the time to design a 3D model of a GNS and/or a GTN, plus a config option companion app which most of the time consist in only swapping a pre-made panel.cfg file, to simply change or add a new panel.cfg file with a gauge name swap (sufficient most of the time).

Totally agree, and I hope that they will  :smile:

Bert