Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Captain Sim $9.99 sale - 24 hours only - January 11th

Have quite most of the CS aircraft and although they are all very good to look at both externally and internally, they tend to be a little variable in terms of systems depth and replication. For anyone who doesn't have them however (and doesn't expect PMDG standard systems!) the 707, 737, L-1011 and C-130 are great bargains at that price, particularly the C-130 which is possibly their best product.

Bill

Their 707, 727, 737 and C-130 are all excellent products, well worth it at sale prices. If you don't want to spend a fortune, their Triple Seven and 757 are worth a look too. Amd their weather radar and weapon system are fun add-ons too if you fancy souping up your FS aeroplanes with radar and weaponry. Good fun putting missiles etc on your Airbus or 737 lol.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The only one I would be remotely interested in, the 767-300 base pac is the only thing not on sale. :nea:

Vic green

Nothing is on sale yet for $9.99, sale is January 11

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

What time is the sale over if im in New York 

Starts at 7:00PM Eastern time new york in jan 11 and ending at 7:00pm the 12th? 

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I have most of the captain sim planes and love them. Great time to get them at that price.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Is the 767 any good in P3D? Does it work properly as a simulated aircraft?

Not much is on sale, not too exciting.

Yes, if you read (and understood) the first post, the sale isn't active yet. It will be tomorrow, which will be 11th. 

Is the 767 any good in P3D? Does it work properly as a simulated aircraft?

Partially ... A manual edit of the DLL.XML is necessary to make gauges work. With the FMC I have doubts, sometimes a proper T/D is calculated, sometimes not, even if the flightplan seems to be correct and works with other AC (I use the iFly 737 to compare and confirm sometimes).

Else I can conduct and finish long range flights if I take care to keep VAS usage down (low-res settings everywhere).

Saving a situation does not work however; when the CS 767 is the active aircraft strange things happen. It modifies the Default Flight xml in a way that makes P3D not starting anymore after it has been closed after the CS 767 usage - a section of configuration settings from CS is added to that file which makes it "unreadable" for the XML parser. If one removes that section from the Default Flight xml P3D is able to start again.

The same thing happens to save files from saved situations. They can be modified to remove any offending sections from the xml to make the flight startable but the panel settings - especially the status of the IRS' are lost.

Despite these shortcomings I like this aircraft very much. It radiates a certain atmosphere that makes me want to use it regularly for medium haul flights.

I really hope CS would update their 767 to make it P3D compatible, but I wonder if they are still alive.

Cheers

Frank

I really hope CS would update their 767 to make it P3D compatible, but I wonder if they are still alive.

Alive enough to forage for sale revenue. Dead enough to prevent fixing broken aircraft.

Thanks for your comments though.  I think I'll pass.