Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Captain Sim $9.99 sale - 24 hours only - January 11th

Hmmm i still see all prices as regular... At least for P3D. The expansions are with discount but nothing near 9.99.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Hmmm i still see all prices as regular... At least for P3D. The expansions are with discount but nothing near 9.99.

Starts the 11th

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

I also agree, seems like there just trying to make some extra cash because they haven't really done anything new or fixed the bugs with the current production. I'm also passing. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

ErichB, on 10 Jan 2017 - 1:33 PM, said:snapback.png

Alive enough to forage for sale revenue. Dead enough to prevent fixing broken aircraft.

So true...

And so sad ..., but, opportunities for other developers to jump in when the P3Dv4 train will start departing ...

That's up to you, but I for one think that the opportunity to purchase the P3D version of the TriStar for $10 is a bit of a bargain.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Starts the 11th

Duh you're right, i'm blind my bad.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

If 1 is the default FSX airliner treatment, and 10 is PMDG/FSLabs airliner treatment, where would people consider that the Captain Sim 737 and 757 would be on that scale?

I have both, bought in the last 9.99 sale, I'm just wondering [a] are they worth firing up for someone who already has the PMDG NGX and  is it worth grabbing a couple of new versions of each in the latest sale?

I have both, bought in the last 9.99 sale, I'm just wondering (a) are they worth firing up for someone who already has the PMDG NGX and (

I was a CS fan for years. I'd get really excited when they released a new aircraft years ago. But that was years ago.

A CS aircraft is like meeting someone really hot, taking them out to dinner and realising very quickly that this isn't going to work out - because they just don't have very much to talk about.

Once you've had PMDG quality and fly them regularly, it is extremely difficult to go back to Captain Sim. I'm not sure what you'd get out of it.

• Upvote 1

If 1 is the default FSX airliner treatment, and 10 is PMDG/FSLabs airliner treatment, where would people consider that the Captain Sim 737 and 757 would be on that scale?

I have both, bought in the last 9.99 sale, I'm just wondering [a] are they worth firing up for someone who already has the PMDG NGX and  is it worth grabbing a couple of new versions of each in the latest sale?

For me, the 737 should score 5.5 and the 757 should score 5. The 767 for example would score a 6.5 from me.

• Upvote 1

All I can say is that I thought the 707 for FSX was a very nice aircraft indeed. It's a shame that there is no P3D version of this one.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'd say the CS 737-100/200 was about a score of 6.5 if you were ranking it on a scale with the likes of PMDG's 737NG or FSL's A320. But that is chiefly because it's a vastly simpler aircraft to simulate than the A320 and the 737NG and not because the CS 737-100/200 is itself bad. That is to say, in comparing apples with apples, the CS 737-100/200 is about as good as any other simulation of that 737 variant you can buy. I'd rank it a bit higher than that if they'd have gone all 'A2A Accusim' with how they modelled the JT8D, which they really should have done given that it's on the 707, 727 and 737, all of which they have modelled, so it would have been worth the additional effort given the mileage they'd have got out of such a development effort.

We should also bear in mind too, that most of those CS jets came out at a time when we'd not seen how far some developers would be able to take things, and how much they could then end up charging for that pushing of the envelope. Which is why you can get the CS 737 for a tenner, whereas the FSL A320 is well over ten times that price, so you can hardly expect it to be on par from a technical innovation standpoint given the pricing disparity. The CS jets were built to the price most people were prepared to pay for an FS add-on at that time, and a certain level of expectation too, one which we've surpassed these days where new developments are concerned, but even so, those old CS jets are good enough at what they are intended to simulate, especially if they only cost you the price of a couple of beers.

• Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The CS jets were built to the price most people were prepared to pay for an FS add-on at that time, and a certain level of expectation too, one which we've surpassed these days where new developments are concerned

Completely agree with that.