Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Captain Sim $9.99 sale - 24 hours only - January 11th

Its all perception.  If you are basing everything on PMDG, well then you'll be disappointed by everything.  I guess i don't understand this thinking.

The visuals and modeling are pretty good.  (I guess not PMDG cause they aren't 4096 textures or have a shiny skin) 

Systems are decent.  They do what they are supposed to.  Do you have to follow a disciplined procedure to start up like the PMDG?  No.  But you can if you want. 

Yes there is no autothrottle.  I know.  Horror! you have to monitor your thrust.  And adjust your trim.   

No FMS. Again OMG.  You'll have to navigate by the stars! or VOR to VOR like those aircraft actually did.  Or like me just upload the flightplan from Simbrief. 

I know of some things it has that PMDG doesn't.  A Cabin thats walkable complete with open and close lavatories, seat trays, window shades.  And it has a flight attendant!  Beat that PMDG.  $80 bucks and you can't even throw in a flight attendant. 

But thats the point.  You paid $80 for the PMDG so you should get top notch everything (although i think its still a bit high priced). 

For $10 these are all a steal for what you get.  Planes that are fun to fly and throwbacks to different era in aviation.  If I had to rate on the one posters scale 1 being the lowest and 10 being PMDG.  The Captainsim aircraft are a solid 7. 

Sheesh lighten up and fly high!  lol.  I'm going to do a gravel runway landing in Alaska with the 732, what they are great for and currently IRL do.  

• Upvote 7

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

All classic fleet from CaptainSim is very, very good. 732. 727, L1011. Totally worth getting, at 10$ its a total steal. 

I am looking into buying the 737 for P3D 3.4, but noticed the last update on this plane was version 1.7 dated 05NOV15.  What are the chances it will install  into 3.4 without problems?

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

If I had to rate on the one posters scale 1 being the lowest and 10 being PMDG.  The Captainsim aircraft are a solid 7. 

I make that an average of 5.83, so let's call it 6.0. Very respectable, especially for a tenner, as you pointed out. I was just trying to place them on a scale, not making any judgement. I have the CS 737 and really like it. So while I do have the NGX and am very happy with it, it doesn't mean that my QW146, QW757, CS757, CS737, LH MD80 or AS A320/1 will be heading for virtual scrap heap. I am definitely not buying any more airliners though...  :smile:

I make that an average of 5.83, so let's call it 6.0. Very respectable, especially for a tenner, as you pointed out. I was just trying to place them on a scale, not making any judgement. I have the CS 737 and really like it. So while I do have the NGX and am very happy with it, it doesn't mean that my QW146, QW757, CS757, CS737, LH MD80 or AS A320/1 will be heading for virtual scrap heap. I am definitely not buying any more airliners though...  :smile:

I got too many airliners I don't use half of them. PMDG is the best and most realistic. But CS is old but a wonderful classic all the same

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Partially ... A manual edit of the DLL.XML is necessary to make gauges work. With the FMC I have doubts, sometimes a proper T/D is calculated, sometimes not, even if the flightplan seems to be correct and works with other AC (I use the iFly 737 to compare and confirm sometimes).
Else I can conduct and finish long range flights if I take care to keep VAS usage down (low-res settings everywhere).

You have to remember the CS757/767 is designed after the original production model in the 80's, and models the original FMC of the day, which was the first used in commercial airliners. As such you had to manually setup your approach profile, similar to the way the Q400 does. You need to define a end of descent point, which the FMC then can calculate a descent profile from. Newer FMC versions do this automatically, which users of CS 757/767 assume should do too, while in fact the way CS modeled it is prototypical for it's day. The original Flight Factor 757 for X-Plane 10 was also modeled this way.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Just picked up the 737 and 1011. 

Now waiting for those pesky download links... 

Eddie
KABQ

I agree the 727 and 737-200 are great planes for FSX and P3D......

Have them Both.

Thinking about the 777...hmmmmm

If you like the older planes...  at $9.99 it is a deal..........

I got the 777 and the 727 plus Freighter pack. I would have bought more but those were the only ones that specifically said FSX-SE compatible. Does anyone know if any of the other FSX products work with Steam?
Thanks

Ian

I got the 777 and the 727 plus Freighter pack. I would have bought more but those were the only ones that specifically said FSX-SE compatible. Does anyone know if any of the other FSX products work with Steam?

My FSX Captainsim aircraft worked fine when i moved to FSX SE.  I assume they still work.  They just didn't work when i moved to P3D sadly.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Thanks Jason. I already had their 737-200 for FSX-SE and enjoy it immensely. There are P3D products on sale so although you would be paying for a seperate version of your previous FSX aircraft, at 9.99 each it's probably worth taking a look and buying the ones you miss the most since you made the change to P3D