Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Captain Sim $9.99 sale - 24 hours only - January 11th

Does anyone know if the ones liste for FSX can also be made to work on Steam edition..? Whioe this time I just got some P3D versions, last time I got some FSX ones (707, 757, 767) and did't realize they said. FSX only and not SE....

They work just fine in FSX:SE, you just need to point the installer to the proper location. As a general rule, 99.9% of FSX addons work fine in Steam edition.

Where are the 727 liveries? I tried the link on their site but it keeps telling me that I need to log in, despite the site saying I'm already logged in.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

You need to access them through your account. I had the same problem with the TriStar repaints.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks; I found the section but it looks like the only Delta liveries are links to library.avsim.net and the files are no longer here. :(

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Raven9000, on 15 Jan 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

Does anyone know if the ones liste for FSX can also be made to work on Steam edition..? Whioe this time I just got some P3D versions, last time I got some FSX ones (707, 757, 767) and did't realize they said. FSX only and not SE....

They work just fine in FSX:SE, you just need to point the installer to the proper location. As a general rule, 99.9% of FSX addons work fine in Steam edition.

Agree, however in the case of the 757/767 if you have a side by side installation (FSX/FSX-SE) then you'll have to manually move over the entries for the CS dll's in the FSX dll.xml file, to the one for FSX-SE.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Agree, however in the case of the 757/767 if you have a side by side installation (FSX/FSX-SE) then you'll have to manually move over the entries for the CS dll's in the FSX dll.xml file, to the one for FSX-SE.

Only have SE, so aside from the different install path, all items are named "fsx"

for those who got the cs b52, here's the vc night light mod available at sim-outhouse.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=117&linkid=22353

Textures edited:
1) VC night lighting with red gauges and backlighting, gauge xml files edited to produce red gauges at night
2) light reflection effect under glare shield at night
3) engine gauge bezel widened
4) pilot texture for "usaf" livery cleaned up
5) gauge glass with purple tint to resemble anti-reflective coating
6) enhanced color saturation of gauge color bands
7) panel.cfg containts pop-up FSX GPS and radio panels (useful if tuning without tacan conversion sheet).

v1.1
1) fixed left panel dusk/dawn lighting (updated Captain_Sim.b520.LP.CAB)

b52vcnite.jpgb52_vc.jpg

started work on adjusting the tristar vc textures (gauge opening, gauge glass tint, color saturation) and hopefully tone down the flood lights a little... 

vc1.jpg

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Thanks Captain Sim for the 737-200 sale. I am having tons of fun and totally recommend this marvelous plane even without the sale. I am a definite new customer. Combined with orbx Alaska and mce with rex and asn I am totally in "Heaven". Cheers.

Captain to First Officer: " I didn't say it was your fault I am just blaming you " 

Thanks Kdfw_ for your great work and look forward to the release of the L1011 VC graphics update :smile:.

BruceU