Go to P3D.cfg...find the section below:

[DISPLAY]
ChangeTime=4.000000
TransitionTime=4.000000

Modify in this way:

[DISPLAY]
ChangeTime=0.000000
TransitionTime=0.000000

No more red text in the upper right hand corner..

Regards

Ezio

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Thanks a lot Ezio for that advice.

In contrary to just deactivating the top right corner info text in the P3D menu that way the simrate display is still there.

Any smooth transition between the default views is lost of course, but I think I won't miss them.

Nice, thanks for the advice, Ezio!

I think this should be a later function of Chaseplane (performing the prepar3d.cfg change automatically)

Regards, Sebastian

Why doesn't it transition out like the default P3D did before?

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

I think it is because the Chaseplane acceleration effect is constantly changing the zoom factor. And with every change of the zoom factor the text comes up again.

Exactly. If you don't like the zoom or don't want to/ can't hide the red text, you can put the zoom slider to zero in the Accels. turbulence tuning

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I am confused. I know that the red text in the upper right corner comes out every time a view (or zoom factor is changed) , The zoom level in the Accels turbulence tuning is set to 1 by default. If I have all my presets views with a zoom level 1 (not the Accels turbulence zoom, the preset view zoom level I mean), and I keep Accels turbulence zoom to the 1 default level, I shouldn't see any change in the zoom factor due to acceleration...should I ?

Why should I put the zoom factor to 0 ? Am I missing something ?

Thanks 

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

I suppose the zoom slider in the acceleration tuning - unlike the zoom level in the camera control settings - doesn't set a fixed zoom but controls the strength of the zooming in and out effect of the acceleration. Try setting it to 10 to see the effect. So to eliminate any zoom change on acceleration you will have to set it to zero exactly (btw, is that possible at all? moving the slider I always end up at 0.04 or -0.07).