Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

Feature Request: Pre-pick gate assignment?

Just throwing this out there as an idea for a possible feature.  Would it be possible to pre-pick your gate assignment at the destination when filing your flight plan (or enroute)?  It would be awesome if you're lets say flying Jetblue - prepick a gate at T5 in JFK instead of being assigned something random.  Maybe even being able to see an airport map while picking so you know exactly where you'll be?  This would also be awesome for us GSX users who can now pre-pick a gate in flight so everything is setup for you once you touch down.

Just a thought!  Dave - thanks for the great product and great support you've given us!   :hi:

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

You can do that now.

Just go to the Gates list in the Airport Info panel before you request taxi to gate and select the gate you want.  Or request taxi to Gate Tango 5 when you ask for taxi.

Dave

You can do that now.

Just go to the Gates list in the Airport Info panel before you request taxi to gate and select the gate you want.  Or request taxi to Gate Tango 5 when you ask for taxi.

Dave

Wow I'm the worst.  Thanks and I, uh, I'll see myself out now.  I should poke a little deeper next time.  Thanks again!

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

So Im poking around in this right now, the gates seem somewhat cryptic.  Is there a way when you select the gate maybe to have it displayed on the minimap below the selection?  Like maybe even just for the little red crosshair to reposition over the general area it'd be?

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

So I've just tried various things to no avail.  I've tried selecting the gate in the air and ground with no change.  I even requested the specific gate from the list and no matter what chooses a default gate for me.  Also, when I click the gate in the drop down it doesn't appear to save the change.

Delta One Seven Eight Requesting Taxi to Gate Four Tango Two; 
Delta One Seven Eight Taxi to  Gate one hotel siera one Via taxiways Juliet, Alpha,  Hold Short Runway Three One Left
~ Taxi to  Gate one hotel siera one Via taxiways Juliet, Alpha,  Hold Short Runway Three One Left Delta One Seven Eight

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

Chris,

The gate you request must exist in the list of gates.  And of course, the list of gates is quite possibly not in synch with the real gates at any given airport.

I just tried at KDFW and all worked fine: 

1) Set gate 23 in Info window

2) Requested "Honda 1VB request taxi to the gate"

3) Received "Honda One Victor Bravo taxi to gate two three via ....."

Then I request "Honda 1VB request taxi to gate three" and received Honda One Victor Bravo taxi to gate three via...."

Dave

Chris,

The gate you request must exist in the list of gates.  And of course, the list of gates is quite possibly not in synch with the real gates at any given airport.

I just tried at KDFW and all worked fine: 

1) Set gate 23 in Info window

2) Requested "Honda 1VB request taxi to the gate"

3) Received "Honda One Victor Bravo taxi to gate two three via ....."

Then I request "Honda 1VB request taxi to gate three" and received Honda One Victor Bravo taxi to gate three via...."

Dave

It was in the list of gates.  I actually did get it to save the gate selection, however, it still didn't work for me.  It seems I needed to re-click the INFO button again instead of clicking the X.  Either way this seemed to not work.  I selected various gates but it all seemed to default back to 1HS1 at JFK.  Out of curiosity where does P2A pull the gate list?  The reason I ask is it doesn't seem to match what EFB or GSX show for gate selection.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

Chris,

Thanks for the additional detail.

I did find bugs that are causing this issue.  They'll be fixed in the next release.

P2A gets the gate info from the same "old" source as the taxiway information, so that is why they don't match real world or even the scenery info in your SIM.

This is a known area for improvement in the future.

Dave

Sweet, good to hear!  Thanks again.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS