Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

Is this a bug?

OK, I have 300 landings on the PMDG 777 in FSX.  I just loaded in P3D.  I knew that on a go-around if I enter a new destination (right afer take-off) on my PMDG 777, the screen would freeze and then I's crash to desk top.  I thought is was a FSX issue.  So I did the same with P3D and PMDG 777.  I did a touch and go at KLAX, at 300 ft I tried to enter KSAN into the as a new destination and the same freeze and crash happened.

Now I should be able to enter anything in the scratch pad and try to enter it, but entering a new destination causes a CTD 100% of the time.

May I challenge someone to prove me wrong?  Enter a new destination right after the touch and go and see what happens.

I don't want Kyle saying this this is not the correct procedure.  I should be able to enter FYOU in any FMC field at any time and not get a 100% CTD every time.

Paul Gugliotta

I should be able to enter FYOU in any FMC field at any time and not get a 100% CTD every time.

When I do that on mine I get the EICAS message "Same to you, buddy" :smile:

Mike

• Upvote 2

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

just did  a flight  from phnl  to phog   did  a go  around  and  used the alt option  with no issues  than  typed  in phnl  as my new  destination   with no issues  using  fsx

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

OK using the alt option may be the correctr procedure, but if you ytped in PHNL for instance in the 1R (destination position(, what would happen?

Paul Gugliotta

but if you ytped in PHNL for instance in the 1R (destination position(, what would happen?

will let  you know  tomorrow but  don't  think  there will be  a issue  since  I  just typed it  in after the  alt method with no issues  but  could  be  wrong  though.  

with your  issue  does it happen at all airports  or  just this  one,  if it  just this  one  I would  suspect  scenery or nav  data  issues

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It happens 100% of the time - any airport.  The key is right after a touch and go takeoff, enter a new destination in 1R location on the Route Page under DEST in RTE1 page

If you simply do a take off, you can change your destination 100 times and no issue.  It is when you land (and remember all the PREF data gets wiped out on the 777 after landing) and then you take off and enter a new RTE1 DESTination, does the crash happen.

Paul Gugliotta

It is when you land (and remember all the PREF data gets wiped out on the 777 after landing) and then you take off and enter a new RTE1 DESTination, does the crash happen.

Paul, what about changing the destination for RTE2 and making it active. Does that result in a crash?

I'm not saying anybody is doing anything wrong, it shouldn't crash even with incorrect user input. Ever.

Dan Downs KCRP

No it did not fail on RTE 1.  But I did something weird as a test.  I took off from KOAK and hopped across the bay to KSFO.  On final approach about 1 mile out, I changed the destination on RTE1 to KOAK and it crashed.  Now I know why the hell would you ever do that, but it causes the sim to go batty.

DISLAIMER:  I am testing engineer in a lab and test products out to make them fail / or pass, so I just like making things break.  This is no real issue here as I found a handy way to crash the sim.

Oh, I like the P3D so far, but see no advantage over FSX, oh one more thing, the Beta testers had too much fun with the 747 v3, time to release it for publication, and another thing, where is my LD757 and QW 787.  That's enough complaining for now.

Paul Gugliotta