Sign in to follow this  
Zarkov505

Can't map joystick buttons to autobrake increase/decrease

I'm brand new to this.

I recently started learning the 737, just for myself, on a professional sim in Bangkok.  I've located a couple of similar places Stateside, but it is an airline trip to get to them.

I'm attempting to set up a home system, to keep myself current between simulator hops.

I'm running Prepar3d on a machine with a DirectX10 video card.  (Yes, I know.  That is a separate issue and I am working around it pending buying the planned dedicated PC.)

To get something working, pending building up a proper panel, I'm attempting to map two sides of a 4-way switch to autobrake increase/decrease.  I used the switch sides to set the map in the first place, so I know Prepar3d is seeing the switch hits.

As I read the Prepar3d help, and the Controls/Keys and Buttons display, I should be there, but, when I click the switch axes in question, nothing happens.

As I said, I'm brand new.  Any suggestions on where to start looking?

--John R. Strohm

Since much of the PMDG processes are external to P3D, not all default key commands will work.  There are PMDG key commands available in the PMDG Options menu but I do not think autobrake is one of them, and I have a different airframe in the air right now so I cannot verify.  This is an example of how the PMDG SDK can be useful, presuming you have C+ programming knowledge.  If you are unable to harness the SDK it's going to be difficult to build your own cockpit with external controls for everything.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you, Dan.

P3D has provisions in the Settings | Buttons and Keys (I think) menu for Autobrake, but it may be that they are not in fact transmitted.  The mouse command events do go through.  I'd about decided I could live without autobrake if I had to.

I make my day-to-day living as a senior staff embedded systems software engineer, and I'm currently working in C++ (mostly C subset).  I'll take a look at the SDK.

(Note: I initially couldn't find the SDK.  I think I have it now.)

--John R. Strohm