Sign in to follow this  
whoispankaj

LES Saab 340?

Hi,

Looking forward to buy my second plane for xplane. Zeroed in on LES Saab 340.i am looking forward for a study level aircraft. My taste is towards PMDG style study level sim.. Does this aircraft match up to it? Does it comes with the requisite manuals, tutorials etc.?

Any things of concern with this plane?

Pankaj

I don't have time to spend on study level sims anymore but this is one plane that I would love to get back to in the future. Great product.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

One of my favorite aircraft. The only problem I can find with it is the non-standard way it treats the condition levers. A real pain.

But the aircraft itself is wonderful. Certainly up to what I remember of PMDG aircraft. And the manuals are pretty good - nothing to complain about there either. I can strongly recommend getting it. It is up there with the IXEG 733.

• Upvote 1

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

bear in mind it will be a paid update for XP11!

As per 12/10/2016 post of Facebook:

"Update on all Leading Edge Simulations products with regards to X-Plane 11.

For the time being, all work that is needed to get our add ons compatible with X-Plane 11, has stopped. Ben Supnik just made a blog post about XP10 add ons and their compatibility with XP11. Basically, he says DO NOT update anything yet!

So, this is what is going to happen for the time being.

The Saab update (bug fixes) is nearing completion. This latest update will bring the Saab to V1.4, and will be for XP10 ONLY. Trying to run it in XP11 will void any support.

The XP11 version of the Saab (the update to get the XP10 version working in XP11) will be V1.5. There is no timeline on that until we get the go-ahead from Laminar.

The Saab V2.0 will be an XP11 ONLY product and will follow V1.5"

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

bear in mind it will be a paid update for XP11!

Not completely accurate.  There will be a (free) v1.4 update for XPv10 with many of the features and bug fixes discussed at X-Pilot.  There will be a (free) v1.5 update to allow the v1.4 version to be compatible with XPv11. And... we will have a (paid) v2.0 of the Saab, which will be almost a completely new aircraft and will take advantage of all the features of XPv11. We expect pricing on v2.0 to provide consideration for those who had bought the Saab within a short time of the v2.0 release.  We believe that these three update paths will fit the needs of the majority of our customers.

The only problem I can find with it is the non-standard way it treats the condition levers. A real pain.

As was posted in the forums at X-Pilot, the v1.4 update will eliminate the non-standard axis assignments for the condition levers.

• Upvote 3

One of my favorite aircraft. The only problem I can find with it is the non-standard way it treats the condition levers. A real pain.

Will V2.0 change this to a more "standard" or user friendly way of functioning so that it doesn't effect our control axis settings any longer?

If so, will definitely be on my list for purchase.

amazing addon, neck and neck with ixeg 737 for me. I worked the ramp many years ago and I can tell you this aircraft is modeled perfectly. The sounds are spot on, even that annoying hyrdaulic pump , lmao. its all there..

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

If there's one aircraft you should pick up for XPlane, it's the Saab. The VC is modeled amazingly, the sounds are sublime, and almost everything works as it should. It's a plane you really need to pay attention to while you fly it, kind of like the Majestic Q400. It isn't difficult to fly by any means, but you have to do a bit of reading if you want to fly from point A to point B without breaking anything. The only problem I've ever encountered is with the GPS (it uses the default one). For some reason, it occasionally chooses not to fly to waypoints under certain circumstances, as in you'll press 'Direct' and it just takes up some random heading. It might be a problem with me and not the plane, but I haven't encountered this in any other plane that uses the default GPS. However, I guess that's a good excuse to brush up on your old school VOR navigation skills! 

I would get it now, but since there is going to be dedicated version for XP11 I'll wait. Don't want to pay twice

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

This

Not completely accurate.  There will be a (free) v1.4 update for XPv10 with many of the features and bug fixes discussed at X-Pilot.  There will be a (free) v1.5 update to allow the v1.4 version to be compatible with XPv11. And... we will have a (paid) v2.0 of the Saab, which will be almost a completely new aircraft and will take advantage of all the features of XPv11. We expect pricing on v2.0 to provide consideration for those who had bought the Saab within a short time of the v2.0 release.  We believe that these three update paths will fit the needs of the majority of our customers.

As was posted in the forums at X-Pilot, the v1.4 update will eliminate the non-standard axis assignments for the condition levers.

This is one aircraft I do not mind paying an update for. It is so good, and I use it so often, I do not begrudge the developer a few more dollars for his excellent work.

The "fixing" of the condition levers alone is something I would pay for.

Frankly, I do not know what a V2 could do that the current version does not. Everything seems to work and look just fine. Perhaps a working galley? Anyway, I will certainly be one of those getting whatever improvements are made.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

I apologise for the wrong information and stand corrected regarding v1.5! Thanks! 

Atanas Ayarov